· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    I like the pic! Its a nice tank.

Get yourself a better camera and learn to use it.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think my camera is fine for what I'm trying to do. It's like the article I found. The guy was using a Cannon camera similar to mine and getting a great shot compared to the really expensive Nikon D200.
    Way at the very bottom they compare the two cameras.
    http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com..._from=&ucat=2&
    Last edited by PUNISHER VETTE; 01-20-2009 at 03:49 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think your picture is really good. Don't beat yourself up over those professional looking tanks.

One would be a 'professional planted tank keeper' and the other probably a 'professional photographer.'

I bet they couldn't keep a tank full of fish alive if you wrote out all the instructions in a step by step account.

Well done - wish my photos were as good as yours.

Jellygirl
    Michelle
    There's more to fishkeeping than meets the eye.

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank looks great Punisher!

As for the pics, have you messed around with the setting on it or just done point and shoot? You can change the ISO and aperture on most of them.

And comparing those pics taken with the point and shoot and the professional, I actually think the point and shoot pic looks better, LOL.

0 Not allowed!
    I have found that an ISO of 400 and an aperture of 3.2 works best for my simple Kodak Z712IS. I also put the camera in macro without flash and put extra lighting onto my tanks or edit their brightness and contrast in a photo editing program. I think that definatly for a point and shoot cam your pic is very well. The only way to get professional images is to invest in professional photography equipment and learn how. But it is a great looking tank...you could probably avoid that white blurr by tilting the camera down at a slight angle.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah. I've got my background a lot better now so i can add extra back lighting if need be.

The tank is almost ready for another picture. It hasn't grown much but I think i'll try and see if i can't improve on the quality of even the shot I took a while back.

I have an Anubis that's a day or two away from flowering so I suppose i'll wait for that...even if it'll be so small in the picture you may not notice it.

0 Not allowed!
    I just came across this... step by step with pictures:

http://www.my-mac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4744
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

0 Not allowed!
    Great link, thanks for sharing!
    Mike!

0 Not allowed!
    This is great! I will try to get pictures this week Fishy. Thanks!
    55 gallon: 1 Tiger Oscar (Thomas) & 1 Pleco (unnamed so far)

20 gallon: 1 Red Wag Platy (Groucho) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Sunshine) & net pen with 9 baby Platys

20 gallon: 2 Red Wag Platys (Martha & Martin), 2 black Mollies (Mike & Obie) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Zombie) plus net pen with 8 gold/black Mollies.

2 gallon: Betta (Lancelot)
    2 gallon: Betta (Elwood Blue 2)
    2 gallon: Betta (Red Green)

REMEMBER: MAMMOGRAMS SAVE LIVES! Have you had yours this year?

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishalicious
    I just came across this... step by step with pictures:

http://www.my-mac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4744

Maybe, if it was a competition with loads of money on the line, otherwise I think I'll stick to the amateur method. That's a lot of effort
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook