· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Member map

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rageybug
    Sorry, I don't know how you Aussies divide your country... provinces?
    Kinda like that.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   All plant lovers need a plant! - Rue   Thank You! - Northernguy   Thanks Again! lol - Northernguy   For all the kind words! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishlover49   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishlover49   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug z
    Stop it!! Just STOP it!!

You're ruining my thread!!!

(He screams, then and runs up the stairs, crying..)
    Those bullies!
    Nancy

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

Living in Victoria, Canada; Born in Mexico City

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My neons and other fishies thank you for your help!! - fishymommy   For the good health of your plants and their strong growth! - W_Oz   have a guppy, lol, we have about 60 fry - labnjab   ahh you need more gifts!! - The Red Severum   Why have I never gave you a gift?! - Tolley   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    I think it would be interesting to see how many AC members are in a US state, or Canadian province, or Scotland, etc., etc.

Dave
    Thanks, Dave

I also agree that it would be really interesting to see how many people are in the US versus any other parts of the world... statistics of the AC!!!
    By Alfredo Franco-Cea
    30 gallon tank -- low light -- tannin stained water
    FAUNA: 7 zebra danios; 5 neon tetras; one male green swordtail; 2 female adult platies (plus fry); 6 bleeding heart tetras; 6 false rummy nose tetras
    FLORA: Anubias, Java Moss, Ceratophyllum, Java Fern, WindelÝv's Fern

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for the chat - mitcore   for being a loyal student - mitcore   heres some junk food - mitcore   Coz.. Cory's r cute.. LOL - Demi ^_^   banana = brain food - arkie   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    Someone hasn;t been paying attention to geography classes :D

Theres the STATES AND TERRITORY' S ( ACT = Australian Capital Territory ) of Australia! and no our water isn't actually orange :P
    Harls

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Alfcea   Christmas cheers - Lady Hobbs   Another wasted 5 minutes of my life - Lady Hobbs   Knock on wood - Lady Hobbs   Why thank-you for the nice thread - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Yay. Tasmania is on that map.

I think this is a great idea. Agree with state only as if you want to break it down more than that you can in your profile. once you know who lives in your state, you can find out from their profiles where exactly.

Much easier than trying to track them down by finding them in threads.

Aaron

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TazManiac
    Yay. Tasmania is on that map.

I think this is a great idea. Agree with state only as if you want to break it down more than that you can in your profile. once you know who lives in your state, you can find out from their profiles where exactly.

Much easier than trying to track them down by finding them in threads.

Aaron
    Most or a lot of members have not filled out their profile.Most will not put down specifics strictly for personal or safety reasons.
    All the map should show is what state you live in,no other specifics.It should not pin point what town you are in.If you want to contact any members than send a pm and they will tell you if they choose to.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    In all honesty there's a simple way to make a map with members on it. I mean just take a world map and put a circle in the general area of members who want it on there. You don't have to label cities or even countries. So that way even if you want privacy in your profile you can still get a dot put up in the area. Like if you say "i live in northwestern ohio" they can put a dot in that area and nobody could track you down by knocking on every door in northwest ohio lol. Simply put we can look at it with a simple system of pros and cons, always a good way to make a decision.

Potential Pros:
    -Excellent way to map the members of the forum to see where most traffic is coming from and provides a way for members to potentially ask private or public questions to other persons in the same general area about local stocks, stores, etc.
    -Just plain fun to see where the heaviest concentration of users is located at and to find out if you live in an area with a lot of friendly fish keepers nearby :)

Potential Cons (and their solutions):
    -Compromised privacy (Simply make the locations vaguer then a specific city if you want, as well as making the map optional)

Let me know if I missed anything!

(Edit: I just made goldfish with this post woooo!)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hordfest, your idea is great. I like it. IMO that would work great.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for the chat - mitcore   for being a loyal student - mitcore   heres some junk food - mitcore   Coz.. Cory's r cute.. LOL - Demi ^_^   banana = brain food - arkie   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - harls_aussie   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, no labels, excellent!
    Harls

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345