· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first gift - William   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   Merry Christmas to you too - mollielover   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   Happy holidays!!!! - lovleeko   

Default Betta Fin Growth

0 Not allowed!
    I just had a question about one of my bettas. Since Ive had him, his fins have repaired nicely where they were torn. But since then they have been growing non-stop. On the edge of them all, its translucent looking, Im guessing this is the new growth. Question being do their fins keep growing throughout their life or do they stop at some point. They are getting soooo long. Took a couple pics will cell phone, so sorry for quality.

29gal : 2 Shubunkins
    10gal : "Blood" the Betta
    10gal : "?????" the Betta
    Join The Chatroom!
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    betta fins do grow their whole lives. They sure are getting long! Normally the older the betta gets the slower his fins will grow.
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first gift - William   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   Merry Christmas to you too - mollielover   Happy Holidays - Northernguy   Happy holidays!!!! - lovleeko   

0 Not allowed!
    Well they are going strong, so I guess that tells me hes got lots of time left. We will see how much longer they get. To bad my other betta has taken forever to get healthy, and now is fighting fin rot. Maybe his will come around someday.

29gal : 2 Shubunkins
    10gal : "Blood" the Betta
    10gal : "?????" the Betta
    Join The Chatroom!
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Some Bettas seem particularly prone to fin rot. One of mine had it when I got him...it cleared up...now it's back with a vengenance.
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndawg
    Well they are going strong, so I guess that tells me hes got lots of time left. We will see how much longer they get. To bad my other betta has taken forever to get healthy, and now is fighting fin rot. Maybe his will come around someday.

Yeah, I'm sure it will. fin rot can be a real pain sometimes but sometimes you get the the easy to cure fin rot. Just make sure you treat with fungus clear and antibacterial gram negative drugs like tetracycline in combination because you can never tell which is causing the fin rot. On the bright side, the fins grow back really fast. The only thing that sucks is when you have a multicolor and their fins get torn or rot or whatever they dont come back the same pattern.
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll