· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    As i said, get the two lists straight, dangerous and deadliest, the black mamba could be the most DANGEROUS snake because of its aggressive nature but i will guarantee you that the Fierce snake is the most Deadliest snake in the world. A single bite can kill up to 100 people.
    Below is a snippet of info directly from the Australian Reptile Park.

Did You Know? Although the fierce snake is the most toxic snake in the world with venom more potent than any other species by a large margin. There have never been any human fatalities caused by this species. Several bites have been recorded and successfully treated by taipan antivenom which is produced and manufactured by the Australian Reptile Park and the Commonwealth Serum Laboratories in Melbourne.

Please understand that i'm not trying to compete with you guy's on snake info but there is two lists that most people dont understand as i've said earlier.
    My apologies Allecto the Rattle snake is in the most DANGEROUS list.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slimey
    As i said, get the two lists straight, dangerous and deadliest, the black mamba could be the most DANGEROUS snake because of its aggressive nature but i will guarantee you that the Fierce snake is the most Deadliest snake in the world. A single bite can kill up to 100 people.
    Below is a snippet of info directly from the Australian Reptile Park.

Did You Know? Although the fierce snake is the most toxic snake in the world with venom more potent than any other species by a large margin. There have never been any human fatalities caused by this species. Several bites have been recorded and successfully treated by taipan antivenom which is produced and manufactured by the Australian Reptile Park and the Commonwealth Serum Laboratories in Melbourne.

Please understand that i'm not trying to compete with you guy's on snake info but there is two lists that most people dont understand as i've said
    earlier.
    My apologies Allecto the Rattle snake is in the most DANGEROUS list.
    These lists really boil down to personal opinion/experience. Just like fish...ask people what the most aggressive fish species is...youll get tons of different answers. I said "most deadly snake"...not dangerous or venomous, please read more carefully. The Black mamba is the most deadly snake in the world...that is a pretty widely accepted fact.

What rattler was on the list? Diamond backs tend to be one of the more aggressive rattlesnakes.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

0 Not allowed!
    I bet a piranha could eat a snake

Very awesome discussion and give props to all three of you for arguing and keeping the personal attacks down, and backing up your answers..

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Severum
    I bet a piranha could eat a snake

Very awesome discussion and give props to all three of you for arguing and keeping the personal attacks down, and backing up your answers..
    My piranha could for sure!!!

Nothing is ever gained with personal attacks. were merely sharing different opinions.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demjor19
    These lists really boil down to personal opinion/experience. Just like fish...ask people what the most aggressive fish species is...youll get tons of different answers. I said "most deadly snake"...not dangerous or venomous, please read more carefully. The Black mamba is the most deadly snake in the world...that is a pretty widely accepted fact.

What rattler was on the list? Diamond backs tend to be one of the more aggressive rattlesnakes.
    The rattle snake in the dangerous list was a Mexican West Coast Rattlesnake.
    Very nasty.lol

Righto, i did read your last post and yes you did say the mamba was the worlds deadliest snake and i disagreed because quite simply you were wrong.lol,and i said that it could be the most dangerous smake. I'm not saying this in a nasty way.lol.
    The Black Mamba isn't even the most dangerous snake in the world as i've just found out.

Hopefully the info below will help you understand what i mean about DEADLIEST AND DANGEROUS. This info comes from an American reptile park because you guy's reckon that we hype up the snake thing in Australia.
    Take note of the part about the toxicity of the Fierce snakes venom and the danger quotients.

Fierce Snake or Inland Taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus) The most toxic venom of any snake, maximum yield recorded (for one bite) is 110mg. Which is enough to kill over 100 people or 250,000 mice. This snake, however, is rarely encountered, and there have been no recorded deaths from an inland bite. DANGER QUOTIENT 18
    **These rare snakes are virtually unknown in collections outside of Australia, however, At Reptile Gardens, we have the only Inland Taipans outside of Australia other than one at the Moscow zoo and one in another European zoo.

Coastal Taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus) The venom delivered in a single Taipan bite is enough to kill up to 12,000 guinea pigs. This is the largest venomous snake in Australia and is one of the only species known to give multiple bites AND deliver increased amounts of venom in subsequent bites. Before anti venom was available 100% of bites were fatal. They are alert snakes that are good at avoiding human contact. DANGER QUOTIENT 24

King Brown Snake (Pseudechis austalis) This is one of the most widespread venomous snakes in Australia. One report states that the largest amount of venom ever extracted from a snake, 1300mg, came from a King Brown Snake. They can be large and aggressive but bites are relatively uncommon, although quite life-threatening when they occur due to the quantity of venom delivered and its effects. DANGER QUOTIENT 22

Papuan Taipan (Oxyuranus s. canni) This New Guinea species accounts for most of the snakebite deaths in the Papuan Gulf region. Venomous snakebite deaths are 100 times higher in New Guinea than in Australia due to quality and availability of treatment. They are similar to Australian coastal Taipan discussed above. DANGER QUOTIENT 24

Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepsis) These snakes are large, alert, and aggressive in their personal defense. With a very toxic venom supplied in large amounts, this is one of the most feared snakes on the African continent. DANGER QUOTIENT 20

We have devised what we call our DANGER QUOTIENT for each snake species. Our list will consist of the most dangerous snakes on each continent. The quotient is based on 5 critical factors, each with a maximum of 5 points.

Average adult size
    Average venom yield
    Toxicity of venom
    Length of fangs
    Typical disposition when cornered or threatened
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    I guess what i was getting at is that the black mamba is deadly in the sense that it is very toxic and very aggressive. several of the other snakes are more venomous, but not as aggressive. The Mamba is a snake that WILL bite you given the chance and you will very possibly die from it...even with proper treatment. It doesnt matter to me how toxic a snakes venom is...unless it's aggressive and readily willing to use it.

I was only wrong in your eyes. I never said most toxic snake. I simply said "the deadliest" and that my friend is a difference in our opinions. this all goes back to the aggressive fish comment I made.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cor, when I 1st posted the topic I did not mean to start a war...LOL....but thanks everyone for your inputs, it has been very beneficial for me and an excellent read.

R&R
    Jeff

0 Not allowed!
    No war! Just a good healthy exchange of opinions/facts! This is what forums are for.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:

16" Male Dovii

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi All,

As promised here's a few more pics of snakes that I have encountered. Again I'm not that clued up with snakes so not sure what they are. This one I managed to capture as it made it's way across our neighbours garden, heading for the lake...I was stood behind a wall so there was no danger. I reckon it was at least 6ft in length, but there was no way I was going to place a lighter next to it to compare size..LOL.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This one had been run over by a motorbike that was travelling in front of me...the driver could of went round it, but the Thais tend to run over them, as they can rear up and jump and bite as you are passing them, I have had to put my legs up in the air when on my motorbike a few times as I have approached snakes on the road, so that if they do decide to attack they will only bite my bike and not me.

This one was not 100% dead as it kept wriggling, not sure if it was it's nerves, but I wasn't going to get too close just in case...I have read on the internet, even if you chop a snakes head off it can still bite you, if freshly killed. Again not sure what type of snake ot is.

Regards
    Jeff & Wan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123