· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Just finished cleaning my tanks this evening and after reading your post, I got to thinking I should check under my stands, found umm stuff that could once have been ghost shrimp.

That's tough losing fish you've kept for so many years like that. If you end up breaking down the tank to clean up, leave some room in the back you can reach to.

Awards Showcase

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs another - Lady Hobbs lol - Lady Hobbs No Message - Lady Hobbs have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco 
    but hes gonna need a friend! - cocoa_pleco A gift for myself - drubeeber For all the loves in my life - sandy_n are secret :) haa - The Red Severum Because Your Great :) - MeganL3985 
    For the beautiful picture :) - MeganL3985 word game buddy yay - angelcakes For Bri...who has been so brave & so strong. - sandy_n there you go buddy !!! - angelcakes Merry Christmas!!!! - Tolley 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco So sorry. - cer Sorry for your loss - lovleeko happy christmas and lovely new year - angelcakes Just because, lol - sandy_n 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - sandy_n Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - sandy_n Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - sandy_n World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sandy_n 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear that Hobbs...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh dear...Can you use a hair dryer to blow them to a spot where you can get them? They are rather nuts, aren't they? I have to be careful feeding my tank, as these guys are savages when there's food.
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Sad news! Lousy way to lose fish,sorry to hear it.

Friggin fish are so impatient!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    i Agree use a vacuum hose or something to get at them if you can..and after put something behind the tank so stuff cant get under there. Like a sheet of wood or glass or whatever

Sorry about loss hobbsie

0 Not allowed!
    You've all given good idea's but none of them would work in my case. One side of my stand is against one wall and I have acess to only one side. The front bottom has an arched opening on both sides under the doors but a very small arch.....like maybe 2". Not even enough room to see under it. I may be able to push them back against the wall with my long net and pull them out that way....once they dry up.

I always move my fish in this manner. Put them in a bucket of water then gently pour into another tank. Sure didn't work with these guys! Should have netted from the bucket had I known they were so darned nuts. Two that I did manage to get died last night. Heck, they slammed into the wall at 100 miles an hour and it probably knocked their brains loose.

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Judging by the behavior of mine, I doubt they have any...
    Sharon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Whenever ive moved fish from one tank to another by bucket and pouring, after a first incident i had similar to yours. I used plastic wrap on the bucket. cover enough of the top of the bucket so that you can still pour without ripping it right off. About 3/4 of the top of it is what i do also good if you have a big rubber band to help hold it on. Then cover the remaining opening with a net as you pour the first bit of water, after a bit of water is poured out tilt the bottom of the net up so the only way they can go is down into the tank. It's really nice if you have someone to help you, because negotiating a big heavy bucket of water in one hand and a net in the other isn't always easy, or even possible.

It's a lot more complicated than it needs to be i guess, and just netting them is easier, but if you really want to do it this way, that's my suggestion. I've never lost a fish doing this, but it is kind of a pain in the rear end. If your moving a good number quick moving active of fish at once though, i guess it's an ok idea.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I did not have that one planned out too hot, I guess. yikes. Even putting foil over the top would have prevented that deal. It won't happen again. We need square pails for square nets!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Any way to get them out with a vacuum cleaner attachment? Not helpful for live fish, but they should be dried out enough by now.
    I don't get particularly attached to fish any longer, too many fish in too many tanks for too many years. The last one I was particularly sad to see go was a featherfin Syno, I'd had that one for 11-12 years.