· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Best Brand of Canister filter?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fluval

28 44.44%
  • Eheim

20 31.75%
  • Magnum

1 1.59%
  • Rena

11 17.46%
  • D-I-Y

3 4.76%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I know this is an old thread, but is the only one I've been able to track down providing a poll about preferences in canister filters. It seems the Rena was fairly new on the sceen when this poll was done.

I'm having a terrible time deciding on what canister filter to get.

Anybody think its time for a new poll on this?

Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    This poll is still live, so just bumping it like you did will update the results...I kinda like the idea of a long running poll....wide range of voters that way.

I've only been fishkeeping for 2.5 years, but I've never had any problem with my Eheims that wasn't my own fault.

I currently own three. Only one of which I bought new.
    20gal long planted community
    5 gal planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Ehiem Pro G series for me. Increadably easy to clean and restart with the quick disconnect. Masive media basket's as well and you know It's quality if it's Eheim. I have had disappointing results with Fluval and have never run a RENA. But even some LFS I have been to that don't carry Ehiem recommended them as the best on the market...I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess more folks have bought Fluval because of price point, and have never had an Eheim to compare.

In all fairness, I have to mention my new SunSun Perfect 404b suplimental Canister I am running ($67 Ebay). Built in 7w UV, in all honesty, really pushes water. I am using it with Marine wool and Nitrogen sponge only, but it's as quite as my Eheim. Baskets are not as large and I can't honestly say I know how much bypass is happening via the UV bulb shaft in between the baskets.
    Last edited by Surfdog; 09-03-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a Fluval fan. Reason; it was my first cannister (only cannister) and after 8 months it's still amazing. Easy to maintain, quiet, good flow which you can adjust and aim. Very little water loss during a filter cleaning.

Nice poll, thanks for bringing it back to life cumberland br.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on winning the lotto :) woohoo - shalafi04   Love your tank! - Lady Hobbs   for your old, dear friend - Lady Hobbs   So Sorry for your loss - hope you feel better soon xx - Fishalicious   For your loss,In rememberance of Windy - smaug   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - kitten3326   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - kitten3326   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - kitten3326   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - kitten3326   

0 Not allowed!
    I have been using the Fluval Series now for about 6 years..and am still a huge fan...great outflow, super easy to clean, easy to get the replacement media for at least where I am located and just a super fluval fan, what more can I say :)
    Karen
    90g Cichlid- Green Terror, Severum, Firemouth, Blood Parrot
    46g Fluval Vincenza - Angel Fish, Blue Rams, Planted
    48 Gallon Saltwater Reef with sump