· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wish I could take nice pics like that...I always get a flash in the glass and if I don't use a flash, its too dark... Gorgeous Oscars.
    120 gallon 6 foot tank -
    2 oscars, pleco,
    Zebra Danio's, 1 Gourami Gold,
    3 Convict
    2 Yellow Labs
    1 Cigar shark

0 Not allowed!
    I cant really take credit for any decent photos I take, my camera does all the real work I just tweek a few settings and click the shutter. You may want to try increasing the lighting over the tank and playing with your ISO values, my 150G usually has to have pics at 400ISO
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Killer, you're just way to modest when it comes to tank\fish pictures. Yeah, it's nice to have a technically advanced camera, but you still have to understand how to get the setting just right in order to capture the amazing pictures that you do.

0 Not allowed!
    I am getting more into photography, still very much a noob tho. I am however looking into buying a D700 body within the next year. My current D60 is starting to feel limiting already. Fortunatly with a higher end nikon pretty much all lenses are interchangeable so there wont be that cost
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, your Oscars were gorgeous! Sorry about your loss; great pics & article, though!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting this as I am about to inheret a 2 year old oscar. The information will be very helpful.
    55g- blood parrots, hatchetfish, SAE, bristlenose plecos
    75G-oscar

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    just got my oscar "Jake" this weekend. Any suggestions as to how long to keep his light on for? Right now he has just a dusting of gravel covering the bottom and a fake tree stump along with 2 small rocks in the tank. What would you reccomend putting in the tank as decor to make Jake feel safe and comfortable. Water temp is at 80 degrees right now. I'm running a 4 bio wheel hob system and a small canister. Let me know what you think!
    75G-oscar

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    What other fish are in the tank?
    How big is the tank?
    More filtration is always best with oscars.
    I have plastic and silk plants in my tank for that o's to wrestle with.They also enjoy moving driftwood around and digging in the substrate!lol
    I think they should all have stuff to move around the tank.Its part of their need to redecorate when ever they are in the mood.lol
    Put a red and white fishing bobber in there too. It will have a great time with it.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's just a 12 inch oscar in a 75 gallon tank. I will definitely put a bobber in there. Thanks. Still deciding on decor.
    75G-oscar

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    I have heard myths(No proofs as of yet) about Oscars choking on the substrate.
    I have had several and none have choked on sand or gravel ever but they sure do like to move it around.
    I like having stuff in the tank for them to play with.It helps to let your fish's personality out and gives them something to do.I think it may easily become a favorite fish.
    I have my lights on at least 12hrs a day.Sometimes longer.
    They are big fans of bright lights.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html