· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Betta enclosure in a 55 G. tank..

0 Not allowed!
    I would like to create an enclosure in my 55 G. tank to keep a Betta I inherited. Right now he is in a 1 G. tank.
    Any suggestions ?
    A breeding net ?
    Drew
    55 G. tank, Muscular Dystrophy
    3 Buenos Aires Tetra, 1 Z. Pleco
    4 Bronze Corys, MTS,
    Low light plants
    2.5 G bow w/ Betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    You should give the betta at least 5 G, but preferably bigger. I don't know any 5 G breeder nets, so I would suggest you get a seperate tank for him. At that size they are pretty cheap, and you can get them with filter and heater included.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Alfcea   Christmas cheers - Lady Hobbs   Another wasted 5 minutes of my life - Lady Hobbs   Knock on wood - Lady Hobbs   Why thank-you for the nice thread - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    If you did want to keep him in the same tank then it would be an option to make a divider for the tank giving him atleast 5 gallons.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Excellent rockwork! - Rue   Thanks - aquarius56   Closest thing to a frisbee. - Sasquatch   No reason - William   Only fitting you should have this. - William   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - travie   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a great plan. If you could get or make a tank divider for your tank, then you could just section off one end of the tank for your betta.

- 29g FW - Community - Congo Tetras and a mated pair Kribensis
    - 55g SW - Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift - korith   No Message - s72450   

0 Not allowed!
    Be careful with this if you divide up the tank. I have a 29g and wanted to do the same. I bought a divider, sectioned off a nice chunk for my little guy and set it all up and then let him get to know his surroundings. Well I watched for about twenty minutes and then started to do some laundry and began to hear this sound.

I went back into the livingroom and notice my blue gouramis throwing themselves against the divider to try and get Helo. He was scared to death, all huddled in a corner of the tank while these big gouramis were charging the divider.

Needless to say I had to take the whole thing down and just ended up getting a small five gallon for Helo.

Now on the other hand, I had to use a breeder to hold another Betta of mine while I was cleaning out his tank. He's used to a heater so I put him inside the breeder and sat it in the 29g tank since it's heated, well he was in there for nearly an hour while I cleaned and the gouramis never even noticed him. I don't know what was so important about Helo that they felt they needed to attack, possibly his color? He's nearly an albino white, but then again the gouramis never bother the albino cories in the 29g so who knows.

Long story short, just be careful and watch to make sure none of your other fish are starting trouble with your divider.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    What else is in your tank?
    Is there something in the tank that will kill the beta?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    What else is in your tank?
    Is there something in the tank that will kill the beta?
    I am concerned about 3 Buenos Aires tetras with a bad attitude. I thought I did my profile, I will check.
    Drew
    4 Bronze Corys, MTS,
    Low light plants
    2.5 G bow w/ Betta

Latest gifts & ribbons:

hooray for a finished cycle and fish! - wolf_eyes   

0 Not allowed!
    If you decide to section a part off, I think it would be good to make sure the line of sight between the two areas of the tank is blocked. Meaning, make a wall of moss to cover the divider. Or put a bunch of tall plants in the way.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Good Idea...........

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliwyr
    If you decide to section a part off, I think it would be good to make sure the line of sight between the two areas of the tank is blocked. Meaning, make a wall of moss to cover the divider. Or put a bunch of tall plants in the way.
    Good idea..............
    4 Bronze Corys, MTS,
    Low light plants
    2.5 G bow w/ Betta

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliwyr
    Perfect...
    sEaFoAm BuBbLe BuBbLe