· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Time for a slushie! - Rue   CHILL OUT! - Lady Hobbs   Thank You - MeganL3985   happy belated birthday - angelcakes   for giving me a gift - troy   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Bolivian Ram   

Smile Ryuu's Aquarium Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Decided to start a journal, just because. So here it is.

10 Gallon
    Inhabatents:
    Bolivian ram (Moving to 20g soon)
    Flame dwarf gourami
    Three female guppys
    six Albino coreys.
    One blue gourami

20 gallon
    Inhabatents:
    Two blue gouramis
    Two rusty cichlids (moving to 75 mbuna tank)
    Red tailed shark (Also moving to 75 mbuna tank)
    Three danios (getting three more)
    Blue whale

75 Gallon
    Inhabitents:
    None, however, today, my stocking list has changed. So lll find out the names tomorrow when I figure out the type of fish.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/2/09 10 gallon
    Today nothing has changed. Things have quieted down a lot after that mysterious disease took all my frogs, dwarf gourami, and guppys. I noticed the bio-wheel wasnt turning, so I thing I need to replace my filter media later today or tomorrow.
    1/2/09 20 gallon
    Again nothing changed. Im so tired of the red tailed shark attacking everyone else! The rustys have some temperment issues also, but its way better than the sharks. Hopefully I can put them into the 75 tomorrow, but ill see.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------1/2/09 75 gallon
    Finally to the good stuff lol. I went to my LFS and the ower gave me a bag of "dirty water." What he did was take all the filter medias in almost all the tanks, and squeeze it into a bucket of water. Then gave me the water to put in the tank. He said it would be ready for small amounts of fish. So were going back tomorrow to get some. Hopefully I can buy the rock tunnels tomorrow also. I can already see how it will look in my mind. Im excited.
    My Current Aquariums

20 gallon, Two blue gouramis, One Danios, Two albino coreys and five red guarres.
    75 gallon mbuna tank, Four yellow labs, Four rusty cichlids, One red zebras, pair of Eureka peacocks
    10 gallon planted- Six Caridnal tetras,
    another 10 gallon, and newts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Time for a slushie! - Rue   CHILL OUT! - Lady Hobbs   Thank You - MeganL3985   happy belated birthday - angelcakes   for giving me a gift - troy   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Bolivian Ram   

0 Not allowed!
    1/3/009 10 gallon

Again nothing changed. I'm afraid of a siginificant loss of good bacteria if I replace the filter cartrage, but it needs to be done so I might just take the dive and see what happens.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/3/09 20 gallon
    Nothing changed also. I noticed some really dark green algae today. I am waiting to see if the rustys will eat it off the sides. I'm worried about them because they seem to have mawli bloat, yet I feed them hikari staple, and hikari gold. I wonder if it has to much protein. Other than that, nothing changed.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/3/09 75 gallon
    So today I went to the LFS and the owner gave me two Yellow labs to put in, I also bought a texas holey rock. Its huge! I really like the yellow labs. At first they were really shy, but an hour later I turned on the light and put my face to the glass, and they swam up to me excitedly. It was pretty cool. I put in a pellet, but they didnt seem to notice it since it was so high up, so I broke apart an algae wafer and sunk it in the tank, they gobbled it up. I think I will wait a half of a week or one week to put in the next pair. The rustys. Dunno, I really like the rock. I was afraid the weight of the rock would crack the bottom, but it seems to be doing good. For some reason, when I look at it, it looks like a salt water tank with the rock, since the rock is white, and the gravel is a medium light, it kind of looks like sand and white coral or rock. I really like it. Ill be sure to take pictures later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Current Aquariums

20 gallon, Two blue gouramis, One Danios, Two albino coreys and five red guarres.
    75 gallon mbuna tank, Four yellow labs, Four rusty cichlids, One red zebras, pair of Eureka peacocks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    75 gallon update
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    So I decided that it would be a good idea to swish the used filter media from the other tanks into the 75. Hopefully that will help start even more bacterial growth. I also put the red tailed shark in. He really likes it, and the labs stand up for themselves sometimes, others they just run away. Oh well, XD Im to excited about this tank.
    My Current Aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So its been a while lol,

So far

10 Gallon
    Added two German rams, took out shark, and two rusty cichlids.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    75 gallon
    Now to the fun

I added two red zebras the other day, the red tailed shark, and two blue johaniis. Love the tank a lot, heres some pics

My Current Aquariums