· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    First off, why on earth would you want a 2ft long pleco
    When my 11" pleco hits 2 feet long, I'm going to introduce him to a toasted bun and some cheese.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    HMMM. That will be interesting. I do know some people eat them in the Amazon. That will be interesting. Please inform me when you do this.

mac

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a lucky Blue Ram - Northernguy   A paci for the babies!  Congrats, Grandma! - Ellen4God   Your first fry!  lol - Northernguy   Hang in there - William   Let's talk about SEX baby  LOL  Ignore the kids on here that get annoyed at everything xxx - Fishalicious   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Lynn Conroy   

Default I'm Back! Hi Sharon, NG, Lady Hobbs & Mac...

0 Not allowed!
    It's been 1 week since I checked in with you guys. When I checked on everyone Jan.3, the 3rd catfish had died. We both went directly to Pet Store (PetSmart now because we wondered about the quality of the fish, having lost 3 from Petco). We bought an ammonia test kit. Came home and checked the tank. EVERYTHING was good! Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, pH.
    It's very discouraging but I'm still here, thanks to everyone's encouraging words.
    NOW...here's what's new...
    1.) I read the entire fish book recommended by NG. Thanks. Very helpful.
    2.) Pleco has a white (looks like rubbed) area on his back. His hiding spot has been between the tank wall and the heater. Could it have rubbed or burned? We now have a rock for him and he hides under it. I started using Melafix Thursday. Is this good? Helpful? Will it cure/fix? I put it in the tank with everyone as I don't have a hospital tank setup.
    3.) Yesterday, Friday 1/9, I noticed one of the Platys acting odd. Hanging at top of tank, only moving 1 fin. Checked him out and symptoms...I think he has fin rot. Will the Melafix help this or do I needed an antibiotic.
    4.) Today, Saturday, Mike and I checked all levels again...everything was fine.
    I did a couple 25% take downs earlier last week.
    5.) The check on Thomas the Tiger Oscars 55 gallon tank, after a 20% take down yesterday was all fine but pH is 8.2. I believe they are okay with 6.0 to 8.0 but should I do something to reduce it. How? With what? Don't want a drastic change correct? So as not to stress him? (What about MY stress?)
    Here we go again.........
    Personal Note: more breast surgery to come to fix up things, no date yet.
    Missed you all!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Lynn...nice to see you!
    I'm glad to hear your water readings are good. The pleco could have burned himself on the heater, or gotten rubbed somewhere. The Melafix is a good idea for that , as well as the Platy's finrot.
    Lowering PH in Thomas's tank is probably not going to be easy. What is PH of the tapwater?
    Keep an eye on the Pleco, to make sure there's improvement...just in case it's not an injury.
    Glad to hear things are good on the personal side of things. Keep on truckin'!!!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    First of all,I hope the surgery goes well!
    Leave your ph alone,take care of other stuff first.
    A take down is a water change (w/c) ??
    You can get a heater cover.it saves burns.Plecos are pretty tough,With clean water it will heal on its own.The Melafix won't hurt.
    The platy does need an aniti-bacterial med.Miracine I believe.Its been so long .
    Keep up the water changes and make sure you remove the carbon from your filter when you are medicating.
    I wish I could tell you what to use for your stress!lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a lucky Blue Ram - Northernguy   A paci for the babies!  Congrats, Grandma! - Ellen4God   Your first fry!  lol - Northernguy   Hang in there - William   Let's talk about SEX baby  LOL  Ignore the kids on here that get annoyed at everything xxx - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Sharon! Tapwater pH is 7.0 BUT I do add Stress coat to de-chlorinate before adding to tanks. Is this level really dangerous for Thomas? Remember, Mike bought that pH stuff to add but you said not to use it. Should we try a little bit?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh! Re: finrot..it IS okay to medicate both platy and pleco in tank with others? How long to see improvement? If not Melafix what should I use?
    How'm I doin'?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Northernguy! Do I get Miracine at pet store? (Dumb blonde question)
    I did take down water in both tanks...20% water change. Also, did you see I read all that first recommendation you gave me? I AM NOW AN EXPERT! Feel free to ask me anything you's like? Haha.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a corydoras. - troy   

0 Not allowed!
    just remember that when you put the medication in your tank, you need to remove the carbon from your filter.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad to hear you are a pro now!
    See that didn't take long!lol
    I don't think you should mix meds.Your pleco will heal on its own,it just needs clean water.
    I am not positive but I do belive its Miracine that you want.Yes pet store.
    You will have to be careful when medicating because of your pleco,half doses for scaless fish.
    I would like to see another recomendation before you try it!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast