· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   Here's a fish gift until you can get your own...just keep with the patience! - fins_n_fur   good luck with cycling - Lady Hobbs   buy a python - Lady Hobbs   

Default Adding bamboo plant

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys. I got a live bamboo, that is growing in my vase . I was thinking if it was possible to put it into my tank? it not big , it actually has 4 or 5 stems growing in the vase and their all about 10inch"s? each. I had it in diff places in my house once in a not so well lit up place and now its by a window witch seems to be doing a bit better, but it was still doing pretty good in the not so well lit area. So I was thinking if it was okay to add it? its called a lucky bamboo, at least thats what the tag said when I bought it. I could put one stem into the tank to see how it would do, so I just wanted to hear your opinions? my tank is a 55 gal with reg lighting nothing special. Heres a pic of the bamboo, its got no potting soil or anything, just simple water. It drinks like a crazed ape though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hailey   

0 Not allowed!
    I accually just bought some yesterday and asked the same question. But I heard that if it fully submerged in water, it will begin to rot. It may do fine for a few months, but then it starts to rot.
    Some people say yes, some say no.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hailey   

0 Not allowed!
    heres what others said to me yesterday...
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=35013

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   Here's a fish gift until you can get your own...just keep with the patience! - fins_n_fur   good luck with cycling - Lady Hobbs   buy a python - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm thanks! But the ones at petco are fully submerged ,and some float cuz they get loose . Do you know how bad the rotting, will it effect my fish?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lava
    Hmmm thanks! But the ones at petco are fully submerged ,and some float cuz they get loose . Do you know how bad the rotting, will it effect my fish?
    I think the ones in petshops don't really last too long, cause they are sold long before they end up rotting. If you don't use a lid you could have let the shoots stick out that would be alright I think.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    If you don't use a lid you could have let the shoots stick out that would be alright I think.
    I'll definitely give it a try :D thanks guys

I think the ones in petshops don't really last too long, cause they are sold long before they end up rotting
    Yea I know what you mean. Those XXXXXXXXX don't give a dang , they just try to make a buck of some poor person that doesn't know what their doing.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 12-31-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lava
    I'll definitely give it a try :D thanks guys

Yea I know what you mean. Those bastards don't give a dang , they just try to make a buck of some poor person that doesn't know what their doing.
    Sigh yep. The same goes for their fish, some shops will sell fish the same day they get them in. Others will hold them for a week or two before selling them. Nothing worse than buying a bunch, then seeing a bad batch die off in first few days, it happens.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith
    Sigh yep. The same goes for their fish, some shops will sell fish the same day they get them in. Others will hold them for a week or two before selling them. Nothing worse than buying a bunch, then seeing a bad batch die off in first few days, it happens.
    Yea and that dead batch will make you test your waters 400 times (thinking somethings wrong with your water parameters) >_<

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   right back at ya bud, Merry X-mas - Kuli_Loach   Drive your very own subway home for christmas! - Matt23   Have a drink on me - Dave66   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - OscarFan   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - OscarFan   

0 Not allowed!
    if its fully submerged it will rot. If u can let it stick out the top then it should survive

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs