· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Jess is running the contests but us Mods all need to get the rules straight in our heads, as well, so we can help others when Jess is not here. Trying to run contests anonymously, I think, is nearly impossible just because of these situations.

This is up to Jess to figure out but in all honesty, pre-judging on a photo prior to putting it in a contest seems unfair to me if you plan to run the contests anonymously. Personally, I could care less about this little detail but others will and it could become an issue. And knowing the contests as I do, it will.

It all comes down to the anonymous thing that doesn't work (to me).

Smaug, you're right on. I can go thru the contests and just know who's pic is who's because I've already seen it in other threads. LOL I never voted on the person, anyway, but on the tank as I think we all did.

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I never voted on the person, anyway, but on the tank as I think we all did.
    Ed Zachery.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To be honest i don't see anything wrong with putting my photos up for judging to try and improve them....that's what this section is for.

It's not really about pre-judging but more about trying to find errors or things people may not like in some of the photos.

What would be the difference between someones blog or this? Both show pictures of their tanks and can accept comments and suggestions.

I did ask which one they though was better tank wise..
    but this also saved me the embarrassment of putting in an invalid tank or one that nobody likes very much.

0 Not allowed!
    I know you meant nothing by it and I'm sorry I hijacked your thread to post my question/concern. It's hard for me to try to explain rules to someone when I can't understand them myself! I just wanted to make sure everyone had the same playing field in the contests and was not trying to get so technical!

Awards Showcase

your first fish - Lady Hobbs A gift to my mates. - mac Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs No Message - korith 
    For your funny posts. Every thread I giggle - Gemini For making me laugh!!! - Sharon Cheers Mith - slimey Congrats on your cycled almost tank - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs fill out the colony - Algenco WC kitumba - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Seems if ya want anonymity, you should remove all photo threads thus removing any possible previewing of any photos. I would hope that if otherwise, that the judge would be impartial and fair in the event that the jujdge recognised a particular members tank photo. At some point, you have to place trust in the judges integrity.

0 Not allowed!
    We are, indeed, trying to keep the contests as anonymous as we can to try to minimize a popularity contest and encourage creativity, fairness, and a level playing field. Probably a better post would have been to ask for feedback on your tank pictures rather than saying you want to enter one as TOTM--just my opinion, mind you. Some of us have pretty good memories--I for one surely recognize some photos or styles pretty quickly, but am not always correct. I'd like to think that it doesn't color my judgement when voting, but the voting is subjective as to what we like or not like.

No one should ever be embarrassed by a photo entry to any contest. If you think it is good, then it's good enough to be entered. If I had to choose between your two photos, I would choose the second one. FYI, as it's a new year, you are eligible to enter into TOTM.
    Last edited by fins_n_fur; 04-14-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Awards Showcase

your first fish - Lady Hobbs A gift to my mates. - mac Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs No Message - korith 
    For your funny posts. Every thread I giggle - Gemini For making me laugh!!! - Sharon Cheers Mith - slimey Congrats on your cycled almost tank - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs fill out the colony - Algenco WC kitumba - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    From now on, only post crappy pictures.....save the good ones for the contests.....lol