· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Which tank/photo would you choose?

0 Not allowed!
    Thinking about TOTM again. I think everything resets for this new year coming up right? because my 110g won it in 2008 so it might not even be eligible if the rules have changed.

Anywhooo. I know the big tank might be better but maybe i should start out with the small shrimp tank and wait for a while on the 110g for my fish stock to increase and plants to grow in more then they are already.

I probably wont use these photos but something close to them. So if you see something you don't like then let me know and i'll look into changing them for the competition photos.

And i already know about the equipment and glare on the 110g and will fix that for the next photo.

0 Not allowed!
    The second one appeals more to me. Seems more lively to me with all the greenery. Oh the darker substrate in it too.
    Last edited by korith; 12-28-2008 at 07:03 AM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I personally like the bottom won better. But both are nice

Awards Showcase

And time for YOUR gifts - Lady Hobbs another - Lady Hobbs lol - Lady Hobbs No Message - Lady Hobbs have a blue discus! - cocoa_pleco 
    but hes gonna need a friend! - cocoa_pleco A gift for myself - drubeeber For all the loves in my life - sandy_n are secret :) haa - The Red Severum Because Your Great :) - MeganL3985 
    For the beautiful picture :) - MeganL3985 word game buddy yay - angelcakes For Bri...who has been so brave & so strong. - sandy_n there you go buddy !!! - angelcakes Merry Christmas!!!! - Tolley 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco So sorry. - cer Sorry for your loss - lovleeko happy christmas and lovely new year - angelcakes Just because, lol - sandy_n 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - tiggely Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - tiggely Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tiggely Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sandy_n Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - sandy_n 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - sandy_n Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - sandy_n Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - sandy_n World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sandy_n 

0 Not allowed!
    Hard decision but I think I'd go for the second one.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    second one, the light in the first one is picked up too much and makes the roots really bright killing the picture

6. Default both very nice

0 Not allowed!
    i love the second tank the first one nice too id like to a photo without the glare but they look great all same.

0 Not allowed!
    I like the second one also.

0 Not allowed!
    Vette, the photos that go in the contests are on the Que. No names are put on the photos so they are kept anonymous so we don't know who they belong to (which was requested by members). It hardly makes much sense to judge a photo here, knowing it's yours, then seeing it in the contests under "anonymous", does it? We also don't pre-judge each photo to have members picking out the best one before the photo is entered or everyone else would be doing that, as well.

I love both your tanks (!!!!) but really, pre-judging photos is not the fair way of doing things, IMO.

The contests do not start over each January. Only the MOTM.

You can only win one award for the same photo. If your photo has already won in POTM, TOTM, AOTM, CPOTM or Runner-Up in either of those contests or it has won the Photo Excellence Award, you cannot use that same photo again.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 12-28-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree hobbs, but what should we do then?

When i post a set of pictures i exclude the ones i think may be POTM material, but ive always pondered what to do about totm, since the only real way to keep people in the dark would be to not post any pics of the tank at all.

This is a tricky one, that ive been rolling around in my head for a while.
    I mean to be completely honest i can usually tell whos tanks both 1st and 2nd place are the entire time and im sure it was the same for most who spend a lot of time on AC

Either way great pics punn, i also like the second one best.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yup,thats a fine line.We shouldnt be prescreening our entries amongst ourselves but the long timers here already have a good idea whos tank is whos anyway.BTW,nice pics vette.