· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey your a funny person, - mitcore Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^ yay to chat buddies - arkie 
    for being you :-) - mitcore little sis :-) - mitcore Here ya go - harls_aussie Thank you so much for your help in my time in need oh ty ty ty -FishMan14 - FishMan14 Have a gift! - Tolley 
    welcome back! - doug z Thanks for leaving a message on my blog xxx - Fishalicious For being a really nice person. - Brookfish A Lucky Yabby for you and your Mom! - Northernguy merry christmas - cocoa_pleco 
    A Merry Merry Christmas xxx - Fishalicious Seasons greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas - travie Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^ Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^ Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^ Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^ 

Smile AA’s, Demi’s. and mac's Tank Competition

0 Not allowed!
    AA's and Demi's Tank Competition!

AABatteries and I are going to have... A TANK COMPETITION!

We are both getting fish tanks on the 25th December (Christmaaasssssss!) So we decided to have a competition on who’s tank will look the best and compare notes and updates about our progress ;))

In my case, Christmas is tomorrow, so I will get a teeny-tiny-head-start in the competition... Well actually not really, because I haven’t got anything mapped out, where as good all Batteries has everything planned LOL

We hope to have heaps of fun with this competition and we both hope everyone enjoys reading about it too! <3

Merry Christmas everyone!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool. If a would've made at this thread, it would've been about one paragraph. Good job Demi.
    I'm going to post my plans in a few minutes.

Awards Showcase

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey your a funny person, - mitcore Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^ yay to chat buddies - arkie 
    for being you :-) - mitcore little sis :-) - mitcore Here ya go - harls_aussie Thank you so much for your help in my time in need oh ty ty ty -FishMan14 - FishMan14 Have a gift! - Tolley 
    welcome back! - doug z Thanks for leaving a message on my blog xxx - Fishalicious For being a really nice person. - Brookfish A Lucky Yabby for you and your Mom! - Northernguy merry christmas - cocoa_pleco 
    A Merry Merry Christmas xxx - Fishalicious Seasons greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas - travie Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^ Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^ Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^ Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^ 

Red face Yaaayyyyyyyyy!

0 Not allowed!
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Yup, in the great Aussie outback, it’s Christmas today!

I opened my biggest present... MY TANK!

I measured it LOL and it was about 85L! Yaayyy!
    That’s about...erm...uhhh... 22 Gallons!

Its footprint is:

L = 30”
    W = 12”
    H = 14”

It is a really nice long tank! It came with a terrific wooden hood and stand, not to mention 2 filters, a 100-watt heater, a bucket full of gravel and 5 pieces of large dried-out coral.

Its such a lovely fish tank! Not a scratch or gouge to be seen, despite it being used before!

The gravel can be easily be mistaken for sand. The grains are tiny and cream in colour – it looks very cool! I have 2 pieces of coral in their at the moment and 3 small fake plants.

THE BAD NEWS:

I didn’t notice the gravel was embedded with millions of Malaysian Trumpet Snails UNTIL the gravel was in the tank... Before our eyes, each snail suddenly got up and started to move around the tank! CRAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP! <crys>
    Grr! Now I have millions of these ugly-disgusting MTS in my tank! They had not been in water for atleast a week! I need to figure out how to get them out <sobs>

Heres a piccie of my tank... It looks bad, but believe me lots of plans are being mapped out for this tank!

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations, Demi. I wouldn't worry too much about the snails, they help keep dead spots from forming in the substrate. Also, they will stay hidden for the most part when the lights are on.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Not these ones! They are all over the glass and make the tank look... ICKY! LOL

Besides, they don't appeal to me at ALL - Sorry to those MTS lovers LOL :)))

The water is still pretty cloudy, but the filter thats in there was seeded, so the tank should already be cycled - or almost anyway!

We plan to add a goldfish or two to carry on the cycle until we know what fish I want :)) Then when we are done with the Goldfish, the darlings will be released into an enclosed haven... in otehr words a nice huge pond with other goldfish! LOL

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome, now I don't have a head start with the seeded filter any more, but I have the water.

Awards Showcase

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries
    Awesome, now I don't have a head start with the seeded filter any more, but I have the water.
    Hehehehehehehe :))))) You have the advantage of not having millions of MTS to pick out! LOL

Believe me if I ahd of known the filter was seeded I would have warned you LOL

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Merry Christmas Demi !
    Its a beautiful tank!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Have fun setting up your new tank!

Looking forward to more pictures...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi ^_^
    Hehehehehehehe :))))) You have the advantage of not having millions of MTS to pick out! LOL

Believe me if I ahd of known the filter was seeded I would have warned you LOL
    I'd love to have some of those snails.
    So far for Christmas I've a $1000 computer, so did SpaceBison. And we got Rock Band 2. Later comes the fish tank. And some other stuff.