· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: moss wall

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Arrow moss wall

0 Not allowed!
    im thinking of putting in a moss wall for a background on either only the back or maybe 2 or 3 sides of the aquarium walls.whats your imput and has anybody ever done this. i cant decide wich moss to use java or christmas.
    2 meesi cats sweet lookin fish when they get big
    2 chinese algea eaters that dont eat algea
    1 common pleco.
    2 peacock eels

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   buy a new heater - hobbs   For going off to fight for our country - Drumachine09   I just wanted to get myself a little something nice. - Glasstapper   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never done it, but I'm sure it can't be that hard. You'd need to put something it can attach to because it won't grow on the glass. You could try one of those slated grates. You could weave pieces of the moss through the grates then set it in deep substrate against the walls to hold it steady. You may have to cut and silicone the grate pieces to make it fit. I'd set some moss patches spaced apart a few inches because it will finish growing in thick in no time.

Just a suggestion. I'm definitely no plant expert.
    This is my witty and clever signature. You like? :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like a cool idea.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    ive been looking it up and it sounds as if you take a piece of plastic screen twice the length of your tank spread out the moss in it fold it over itself and tie it together then attach some suction cups to the back of the screen with glue, then bury a little of the screen under the gravel/sand and it thrives.i will probably end up with a pain in the neck that takes alot of trimming to keep it under control.but it will look awsome with my fish.plus the eels might hide in it.if i do this i will post pictures of the process and the finished wall as it grows.
    1 common pleco.
    2 peacock eels

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    sweet

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ya only if it works.
    1 common pleco.
    2 peacock eels

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas (it's the worlds smallest dwarf puffer) - Abbeys_Mom   Strawberry Daquari please....from Hobbs - hobbs   You need more good luck - hobbs   Because you are my hero! - f1oored   For your Dad - crackatinny   
    Childhood Cancer - kimmers318   

0 Not allowed!
    It sounds like a beautiful background if you can make it work. Me personally....I kill plants no matter what I do so I would end up with a mesh screen background that looked tacky as hell!
    Keep us posted please and I for one want to see pics.....it sounds like a great natural background!
    Kimmer

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have heard of it being done with both cork tile (untreated of course) and flyscreen. With the cork you use aluminium (i think) u-shaped nails to attach the plants. With flyscreen (which I was considering trying) you sew the plants on with fishing line or cotton thread. I haven't tried it yet because I keep worrying that fish will get stuck behind it. If I ever work out a way to make sure it stays close against the back wall I will give it a go. Securing it at the bottom with the gravel is easy it's the top and sides that have me worried... lol if anyone has any ideas I'm interested :o)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Abbeys_Mom   Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs   thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom   Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom   

0 Not allowed!
    Here's an interesting article on how to do the moss wall.
    http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=13
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com