· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Injured Tetra

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

Exclamation Injured Tetra

0 Not allowed!
    Just went to turn off the lights on the 50g and noticed one of the blue tetras was swimming a little weird. After looking at him more I saw that he had a wound on hid side. The scales are gone and his flesh is showing. Should I get him out of the tank and into a place where he won't get picked on, until I could get something to fight infections so he won't get infected or stop the infection. And he heals back up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries
    Just went to turn off the lights on the 50g and noticed one of the blue tetras was swimming a little weird. After looking at him more I saw that he had a wound on hid side. The scales are gone and his flesh is showing. Should I get him out of the tank and into a place where he won't get picked on, until I could get something to fight infections so he won't get infected or stop the infection. And he heals back up.
    IMO I think the Gouramies are the ones that have hurt it. IME I have had this happen a few times. I have not had much luck helping the fish. But I have had a few survive. I removed them from the danger and they came right. So I would move him if you can. But I would wait till others with better experience in this line give their points.

Sorry for your fish.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    I actually think it's the giant danios wemoved in the other day. When I moved them into another tank from a smaller one they seemed agressive to all the other fish that were smaller than them. And the snakeskins have never bothered any of the fish. I'm heading out and I'm going to the LFS, just wondering if I should get any medications?

EDIT: I'm leaving now, still want to know what medication(s) to get.
    Last edited by AABatteries; 12-22-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry AA I don't know what meds are best for that!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, I'm back from my little jaunt. I finally located some cardinal tetras and got all 4 of them. As for the blue tetra, I got him out of the 50g. He's staying near the bottom and breathing heavily. I'm hoping he's just stressed out and nothing worse. And I'm thinking that Melafix might be what I want to get.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Update. He's swimming around and stopped breathing heavily. All I'm worried about is him getting infected. Can somebody please tell me what med I need to get?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well, i don't know about that.
    look on the bright side, at least he's swimming.
    i hope he gets better and is not effected!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

everyone should have a gift :-) - mitcore   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, when AA switch tanks the blue tetra died. :(
    I fishies!

Tanks
    10g - Planted, a betta, 3 baby rainbows, and 3 high fin cory cats

29g - Angelfish, 2 ottos, 4 cory cats, 6 cardinal tetras, 1 snail, 2 rainbows, and 4 gold tetras

46g(hex) - 1 African Ciclids

50g - 2 snake skin gouramies, 2 black neon tetras, 4 blue tetras, 3 blood fin tetras, 5 serpae tetras,2 other tetras I don't know the name of, 3 black skirt tetras, and 3 cory cats

2.5g(hex) - Planted, no fish

AABatteries is my brother

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    RIP little guy.its got to happen sometime.