· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

Exclamation WHAT ARE THESE??? ID Help Please

0 Not allowed!
    okay everyone knows the lovely MTS snails. But my mom has a different kind of snail infesting her betta tank. They have the same type of shell as an apple snail or a common garden snail. They are only about 1/4 of an inch at the biggest, most are much smaller. The shells are like gold speckled they are actually really pretty. Im just wondering what they are. I will try to get a picture of them but I can't make any guarantees . lol
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Sound like Pond snails (Lymnaeidae) to me... they breed like rabbits and like to nibble on your plants if they are not getting their share of food.... even if you only have 1 - get ready for hundreds LOL
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    It does not take long! Do something about them before you infested.
    Just picking them out as soon as you see any.How long since you noticed them?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    well they are in my moms betta tank and she's in complete love with them. I personally like them much more than the MTS that are infesting my 40g at home and was considering taking some home with me lol. they're really cute
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift! - Northernguy   Merry Christmas! - Northernguy   Here ya go :) - Nick89   Thanks for the plants.  My CPD's thank you too! - Sir Tristen   And a pretty plant for you too! - Sir Tristen   

0 Not allowed!
    Yea sounds like pond snails. They are really pretty but they do breed like crazy. My roommate put three into her tank and each day she pulls out about 3-4 batches of eggs or more. Luckily for her my rasboras and cories find the eggs delicious.
    30gL heavily planted: south american community tank
    15g mod. planted: nano fish community tank
    6g long(custom tank) mod planted: 6 bettas w/ dividers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    They only breed like crazy if there's enough food in the tank for them to do so. If you mom has hundreds of them, ask her to feed the Betta tiny, tiny meals for a month or so, and start vacuuming her substrate.
    I agree, they are attractive little snails, but you only get a plague of them if you overfeed and don't clean up any excess.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   Because you advice well... - Alfcea   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   taking the time to answer my question - gabbyguppy   Recent Posts\Contributions - Taurus   

0 Not allowed!
    two words: "dwarf puffers" :)

Set yourself up a tank of these lil guys and your pond snails will prove tasty treats for them :)

--chris

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    oh shes fine then. Her betta gets hand fed one pellet at a time, so there is no extra for these snails. Im sure they'll be dying off soon
    ~~Misty~~