· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Stay away!! They are mean and will kill any other fish it is with. learned the hard way.. :(

0 Not allowed!
    That fish is awesome looking.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll get a pic of George.

But I'll say it again, DO NOT GET THIS FISH UNLESS YOU HAVE A HUGE TANK AND ARE WILLING TO HAVEHIM EAT EVERYTING IN YOUR TANK!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting catfish. Would be kind of cool in a species only tank...might also be a little boaring though.

Edit: The fish pictured in the first post appears to have no adipose fin. Is this a true catfish or another species with a poor (misleading) common name?
    Last edited by Demjor19; 01-06-2009 at 02:15 AM.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    cool lookin' catfish. but i wouldnt put the owkr into dedicating a tank to it, seems pretty boring from what people are saying.
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cool looking fish, but i agree with what most people are saying, I would not dedicate a tank to it. It might work with large cichlids in a really big tank, but i wouldn't chance it from your description of it tearing holes in larger fish. Seems to me to be one of those Oops fish, that stores shouldn't carry and wind up selling to people that have no clue. Unfortunately there are a large variety of fish like that, and the only way i can think of to help curb that trend is to not buy them. E.G. those little pacus and little plecos you see at every dang chain store, people put them in a 20 gal then they grow to over a foot long. Oops it outgrew my tank!

take a look at this. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog...?image_id=6536
    Last edited by lobsternoob; 01-14-2009 at 09:54 AM.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It would eat the cichlids.

They are vicious.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This would be my fear, dang thing eats or kills every other fish in the tank, no matter how tough they may be. I always think catfish, not a predatory fish at all, scavenger, in the back of my head. That's such a misconception on my part it is unbelievable its still in my thought pattern. I've kept shovelnose cats before and they are very predatory fish. I guess i just automatically have a picture of a nice little peaceful cory when i think catfish.

Course one look at that thing and i knew it wasn't so, just google image search em for 5 minutes, read a few of the articles it'll come up with and you'll know they aren't suitable for most home aquariums.

I didn't mean to suggest they should be kept with cichlids, just that it might be possible. Now i don't even think that's the case.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If this is the fish I'm thinking of, it was on an Animal Planet show, and they are savage little monsters. More or less the piranha on crack version of the catfish. There's a story that some men were drunk, fell into the Amazon and were fished out and believed to have died of bullet wounds. Turns out the bullet wounds were the circular bite marks these fish use to bury themselves into the prey and eat them alive from the inside out. The men were completely hollow.

But I could be wrong. ^^

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I want one.... lol