· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cool Baby Great White Shark Catfish

0 Not allowed!
    I saw a weird catfish at my lfs, it was labeled "Baby Great White Catfish". Turns out it was a Cetopsis Coecutiens, a vicious catfish from South America that is capable of tearing holes into fish much bigger than itself! Anyone here have one of these? They were a little bit pricey and was wondering if anyone here was selling them. This is what they look like.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Never seen those before.They look like they would need a huge tank of their own!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    Can get them for you under 1$ each but then you have to order 100 of them ;-)
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful. Something tells me they may not be easy to keep?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've read they need something upwards of 75 gallons, I think that might be as an adult though. They can grow to be 10 inches but have a very slow growth rate. The one I saw was about 2.5 inches. Also, they thrive on current and swim non-stop..hence the name great white shark.lol

0 Not allowed!
    New fish to me, awesome looking cat.
    Mike!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We have a big one and a few babies at the aquarium I volunteer at.

All they do is swim in orbits ALL DAY and they are dumb as bricks.

I would pass on it.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How big Nightside? They never seem to sell any over 4 inches at my lfs, I started to think they needed more elaborate needs when they mature....

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork
    How big Nightside? They never seem to sell any over 4 inches at my lfs, I started to think they needed more elaborate needs when they mature....
    George is probably 8 or 9 inches long. He's about the build of a channel cat though if that gives you are reference.

He swims in orbits about a foot in diameter so take that into consideration if you REALLY want one. Apparently that's just what they do in captivity...

This guy feeds BRUTALLY too... haha Pretty neat to watch him feed.

0 Not allowed!
    That is an awsome fish!