· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hailey   

Default My betta has not been eating and i see he has white on his body and fin!

0 Not allowed!
    My Betta hasn't been eating for a while, prob about a week or more, I dont know what to do! and today i noticed he has a big white patch on his back, and on his top fin. Hes not looking good at all, i don't think hes gonna make it. I have no medicine or anything.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Tanks for sharing our hobby - Boertjie   Congrats on new tank and severum - Lady Hobbs   for rescuing the betta! - cocoa_pleco   For being my life partner - Boertjie   for being so good to our underwater friends! - ladyoutlaw50   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Gemstone   

0 Not allowed!
    hayley...

if you have absolutely no medication for your fish...do 50% water changes daily....and get some meds!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09   Here's a little something for standing up and doing what you think is right! - RobbieG   Congrats On Your New Addition! :) - MeganL3985   for stuff! - Nick_Pavlovski   TOTM 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SkarloeysMom   

0 Not allowed!
    Hard to say what it is without a picture but sounds like maybe fungus. If your betta is to the point of not eating and its going on a week the situation is dire. You might try some fungus meds but you need to do it quick or you'll lose him.
    My tank:
    20g long - 8 Trigonostigma heteromorpha, 2 Corydoras brevirostris, 2 Corydoras agassizii, 1 Corydoras trilineatus named Julian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   

0 Not allowed!
    ok, well i think were going christmas shopping on monday-money is tight!!! we are living paycheck to paycheck right now, so Hopefully he'll stay in there till then. What about salt?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    oh and i tried to feed him blood worms, but do you think i could find them! my kitty hid them somewhere! things arent looking good

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    What type of tank/bowl is he in? Keep the water super clean. I would probably add some salt if that is all you have right now.
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    ok, hes looking a bit better. And it was right after a water change that that happened to him so i wonder if that had anything to do with it.

How long do bettas usually live? because i have been thinking I've had my other betta, Bingy, for i think 2 years now, and he wasnt a baby when I got him either. He seems old to me now. Not like he used to be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    bettas live two to three years most of the time. They can live up to five years and I've even read about seven years. But since bettas are usually a year old when you buy them (so their fins are long) He is probably nearing the end of his life span:( I hope he gets better though. I couldn't see why the water change would have done anything to him.
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,
    Sorry about you trouble.

I have head salt can help. But wait till some one with better advice to answer that.

IMO keep up the water changes. Also just a few question. What size tank is it in? Also what are the temperature? Also the same with the Water Parameters?

Cheers,
    mac