· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Your welcome.

2. Default Emerald Rainbows alive & well & mating!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi All, I am new to the site but wanted to contribute. Mac wrote around a month ago about the fish that are becoming difficult to impossible to find. One was Glossolepis wanamensis -Emerald rainbow. Before moving to No. Nevada US, I lived near Las Vegas where there were a couple good fish stores. At that time I added a pair of Emerald Rainbows to my collection. They have become active breeders and I have probably two dozen in my nursery tank. At birth they were the size of eye lashes. Now at 6 months they are still little, but thriving and growing in their own time. It is a thrill to be blessed with a breeding pair, with their numbers nearly extinct. I wish I could get these placed in experienced hands when they grow up, but dont' know how to move them safely.

I will be putting up some photos over the weekend of the male in his splendid breeding colors. Is anyone else having successful breeding of rainbows? I would love to hear your system. Mine favor laying eggs on hornwort. The fry are fed a special powder fry food by Mike Reed; it can be purchased online. The powder circulates through the tank for several hours so the fry always have something available.

I welcome hearing from anyone who is keeping & raising Rainbows, and has suggestions for improved ways of doing anything.

Thx, Carsonfishgirl

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank your for your great news. I am not jealous. But pleased. I hope they survive nicely and you can find good homes for them. For me if I were in your position i would set up as many tanks as you can start breeding on large scale. For me I would set up 20 ++++ to as many tanks needed in attempt to get these fish back on the market.

I would love to see some pics.

I have Kutubus who are breeding well. Just my Loaches eat the you very fast. I am getting a 80 gallon long tank made soon so I can breed them my self properly.

Ohh by the way welcome to the forum.

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    carsonfishgirl it sounds like you are doing quite well.
    I would also love to see some pics.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html