· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: What is it?

1. Talking What is it?

0 Not allowed!
    Similar game to the last one (Congrats fins_n_fur ). However, the rules are slightly different.

* One fish at a time. The photo can either be in full or cropped. If it is cropped, the full pic must be posted when someone gets it
    * Users can offer points if they want to but it is not mandatory
    * Once a user gets it and it has been confirmed, it is their turn
    * No hybrids or colour morphs (e.g. hybrid black X scopas tang and picasso clowns etc)
    * Clues can be given but are not mandatory
    * Guesses must be the scientific name or they are invalid. Answers must also be the scientific name

The purpose of this is to highlight the many stunning different species which are potentially available to us. It will hopefully give other users the chance to research about certain fish species as they search for the true identity.

So, I'll go first......

---------------------------------------

For 20,000 points..........................

Clues:

It's a mature male
    Endemic to Hawaii
    Rare around the main Hawaiian Islands by very common in the Northwest Hawaiian Islands
    It is the only species of the genus found in Hawaiian waters
    Last edited by unleashed; 12-10-2008 at 07:47 AM.

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    Of course we all know me and Sw, so let me embarrass myself with a guess.
    Could it be Pomacanthus xanthometopon?

Also, isnt there already a game like this in forum games? Name that fish? No points are involved though of course

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey
    Of course we all know me and Sw, so let me embarrass myself with a guess.
    Could it be Pomacanthus xanthometopon?

Also, isnt there already a game like this in forum games? Name that fish? No points are involved though of course
    Not a species of Pomacanthus

There probably is, but this is SW specific and is new

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashed
    Not a species of Pomacanthus

There probably is, but this is SW specific and is new

Mmk am i allowed to guess twice? Not that i have another guess prepared, lol

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that's fine.

More clues:

a Genicanthus sp. angel
    Commands a price tag of over $12,000USD
    Caught at nearly 400 feet off the main Hawaiian Islands but found at about 25 feet in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Is it Genicanthus personatus?

If it is, i had it right the first time but the guy who posted the pic of it listed the wrong scientific name, and of course you know me, no SW knowledge. lol

Im pretty sure it is

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is it Genicanthus personatus?

If it is, i had it right the first time but the guy who posted the pic of it listed the wrong scientific name, and of course you know me, no SW knowledge. lol

Im pretty sure it is

That appears to be correct, nice job WT. Man I always see the point give-a-ways late,lol.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhead
    That appears to be correct, nice job WT. Man I always see the point give-a-ways late,lol.
    Thanks!, of course he signed off right after i answered so i'm still waiting to collect! lol
    I'll turn around and throw it at another comp or something;)

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!, of course he signed off right after i answered so i'm still waiting to collect! lol
    I'll turn around and throw it at another comp or something;)
    Correct

A very rare beauty endemic to Hawaii.

Genicanthus personatus

Your turn

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the points, oh i get a turn? :D I'll have to look up some kool Sw stuff.