· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question identification and general help

0 Not allowed!
    I have two growths on my Percula He has a goatee (growth) and something on his R. Ventral (pelvic)fin...looks to be the same type of growth.
    I also have these little organisms that look like dandelion seeds...well some of them do. Are they some sort of pod?
    Also, I put in a cleaner shrimp in yesterday and he's been hangin' out in the back. do you think that is because the flow is too strong? Some of my Zoas are right next to the powerhead and are open and doing fine...and none of my sand is blown away. I don't know anything about the cleaner shrimp in relation to flow. I can see him in the back...I just haven't seen him out.
    Percula growth pics

Here are the organisms in question
    And it's the ocean flowing in our veins
    Oh..That it's the salt that's in our tears
    Oh..Cause we could have come so very far
    Oh..In at least as many years
    Take the highway through the Great Divide - T.A. and T.M.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    those dots might be snail eggs

the shrimp is fine, alot take some time to get used to the tank, when i had my coral banded he took a week to get used to my tank

i would watch what the goatee and other mark become, could be clownfish slime disease, or could be a fungus

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa_pleco
    those dots might be snail eggs

the shrimp is fine, alot take some time to get used to the tank, when i had my coral banded he took a week to get used to my tank

i would watch what the goatee and other mark become, could be clownfish slime disease, or could be a fungus
    Cocoa was dead on!

Hard to tell on the clownfish growth from the pics. You will probably find out pretty quick. IME, when clowns get sick, they crash really fast. They are so tough, that when they get something, it is usually something serious, like brooklynia (sp) or velvet.
    40g SW

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed the beard about 3 days ago...I let it slide (just thought it was part of the fishes anatomy) and then it grew. I noticed the other spot today. Is over all vitality seems to be okay for the most part...he doesn't seem labored. I think it could be lymphocystis the more I read about it...

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    thats the disease i was thinking about, brooklynia. i couldnt remember it so i called it clownfish slime disease

but yeah, clowns crash fairly fast when theyre sick, when i first set up my 55g my ocellaris died soon after

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I am going to hope it is lymphocystis because it isn't fatal or contagious for the most part...it is usually host specific...What wishful thinking LOL

0 Not allowed!
    I think one of my Ocellaris Clownfish have the exact same problem.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    clowns get the slime disease alot when they get bumped to a new salinity or even new tank, when i moved my old ocellaris from the 5.5g to a 10g he got a bit

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wedge
    Well I am going to hope it is lymphocystis because it isn't fatal or contagious for the most part...it is usually host specific...What wishful thinking LOL
    lymphocytis is pretty much incurable. It usually affects the fins and the infected parts of the fins can by cut off with a sharp blade with very little post-op problems. However, lymphocytis can turn fatal if a secondary infection occurs

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashed
    lymphocytis is pretty much incurable. It usually affects the fins and the infected parts of the fins can by cut off with a sharp blade with very little post-op problems. However, lymphocytis can turn fatal if a secondary infection occurs
    Yeah, viruses are incurable...and I have never heard of fish vaccine as preventative measures. However, it is rarely fatal...but an opportunistic fungus or bacterium can cause a secondary infection that usually takes him out of the game. Anyway, I hope it is something non-lethal or non-disfiguring like lymphocystis. I'm pissed bottom line. Poor little guy doesn't act sick...he just has some peach wart tike extensions. They aren't cauliflower shape. Not like some of the white lymphocystis pics I've seen. My point is I don't know what it is he seems healthy other wise. It doesn't look like the pictures of brooksynella I have seen either. I know they are very resistant to fungus and bacterial infections otherwise...so I am clueless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast