0 Not allowed!
    I bought a 20 gallon for a Crayfish.

I have a few Question.

food I currently have

Tetra Pellets
    Gold Fish Pellets
    Brime Shrimp Flakes
    Frozen Brime Shrimp

I was wondering is it enough food to feed this stuff to a Crayfish?

Also will he eat this?

I read some of you feed yoour Cray alge Tablets. Is that good Enought or do you recomand something else?
    Wife's Tank
    20 Gallon tall
    12 plants with dual T5's and dry ferts- Iron, Potassium and CO2
    6-Pygmy Cories, 4-Red Wag Platys, 6-X-ray Tetras

My tank
    120 Gallon
    with 2 Florida Atlantic Stingrays and 12 Mystery Snails - starting on that project soon.

Awards Showcase

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco You make me laugh! - Drumachine09 And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco 
    There. Thats better. - Drumachine09 maybe one day we can enjoy one of these - sergo Congrats you recived a RAK gift enjoy! - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark RAK - DemonShark 
    Cheers! - Nick_Pavlovski Since Wendy's is only open 4 hours! - aliz340 For Your Help And Friendship - MeganL3985 Hope you a good time in Germany - alizee340 Good to have you back around the forum! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    Thanks....you could use some Luck with your fish too! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for helping whne it's needed! - **AquaQueen** Back at you, CP! - Dave66 You send me fruit I send you pizza!! LOL!! - 2manyfish a fish for the new 5.5g salt! lol - cocoa_pleco 
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - cocoa_pleco Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cocoa_pleco Childhood Cancer - cocoa_pleco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cocoa_pleco 

0 Not allowed!
    My crayfish was a scavenger. THrow some flakes and bloodworm, and maybe live brineshrimp if you have some.HE should just work his claws in the gravel and snatch tidbits.
    I did feed algae wafers, but this is not sufficient enough diet, as he needs meat for protein etc.
    SO, flakes, bloodworm, and if you have brineshrimp.
    Also, feeder guppies are a possibility. Mine even snatched crickets.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think crayfish will eat just about anything.

0 Not allowed!
    I bought my Crayfish yesterday. The store had Dwarf brown Crayfish and Blue Knight Crayfish. I asked the store what was the name of the Crayfish I bought they had no idea. I was hopping it was a Blue Hammer Crayfish that grow only 5", but after looking on line I am sure it is a Knight Lobster that can grown a foot. I was hopping I did not need another tank. When it gets bigger I will need to buy another tank.

The Dwarf Brown ones cost $2.99

Blue Knight Crayfish $24.99
    Wife's Tank
    20 Gallon tall
    12 plants with dual T5's and dry ferts- Iron, Potassium and CO2
    6-Pygmy Cories, 4-Red Wag Platys, 6-X-ray Tetras

My tank
    120 Gallon
    with 2 Florida Atlantic Stingrays and 12 Mystery Snails - starting on that project soon.

0 Not allowed!
    I have a blue crayfish I bought when he was about an inch long. He is now about 7" and will eat almost anything. His favorite thing to eat is nightcrawlers. I feed him shrimp pellets, flake food, algae wafers, dried shrimp & krill. He also spends about 2 days eating his own shell after he sheds. The only part he does not finish is the tips of his claws. He comes to be fed when I tap on the glass. So far I haven't found anything he won't eat. I can't keep live plants with him since he digs them up and eats the roots. One thing to watch is that mine is an escape artist. He climbs the filter tube & tries to get out of the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldstudent9
    I have a blue crayfish I bought when he was about an inch long. He is now about 7" and will eat almost anything. His favorite thing to eat is nightcrawlers. I feed him shrimp pellets, flake food, algae wafers, dried shrimp & krill. He also spends about 2 days eating his own shell after he sheds. The only part he does not finish is the tips of his claws. He comes to be fed when I tap on the glass. So far I haven't found anything he won't eat. I can't keep live plants with him since he digs them up and eats the roots. One thing to watch is that mine is an escape artist. He climbs the filter tube & tries to get out of the tank.
    that happened with mine and there was a little hole in the top of the tnak so he got out and i found him walking around in the kitchen the next morning...he lived....lol.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just recently bought a dozen crayfish for feeding my puffers and have found that they absolutely love old salad and everything that was in it, except the cherry tomato! There was red and green bell pepper, chicken breast, cukes, mushrooms, chicken and the lettuce. They went insane when I put it in there grabbing pieces and chowing down.
    Kimmer

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmers318
    I just recently bought a dozen crayfish for feeding my puffers and have found that they absolutely love old salad and everything that was in it, except the cherry tomato! There was red and green bell pepper, chicken breast, cukes, mushrooms, chicken and the lettuce. They went insane when I put it in there grabbing pieces and chowing down.
    Want to know what you should do?? YOu should get a male and a female and breed them so you don't always have to buy them.....that would be a good idea...

9. Default Blue knight lobster

0 Not allowed!
    last week i got a lobster from the pet shop which i think is a blue knight lobster 1.5", today i have noticed that he has changed his shell i dont know if i have to remove it from the aquarium or leave it so he eats it?

i got goldfish in the same aquarium i feed them TetraFin the guy at the pet shop told me that i dnt need to get him any extra food since he will feed on the remains of those TetraFin, Please advice :)
    Last edited by Gibzy; 04-04-2011 at 11:23 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    If you are strictly looking for food then get a few Marbled Crays.
    8 Tanks Hundreds of Dwarf Shrimp, 40 Halocaridina rubra brackish water, Nerite Snails, 4 Bettas, Some Platys, Dwarf Crays, South American Puffers, a bunch of fry.