· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, they are awesome for such small fish in the tank, very active with beautiful colors! She has dropped I think 3 batches now, he is starting to wonder what he is going to do with the darn things!
    Kimmer

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sure we would be up for a trade. It will probably be a little while still. We are having some trouble seperating the fry from the mom at this point. She seems to want to keep them in her mouth all the time. You want to share any secrets?

I've just setup a 10 gallon fry tank that should be ready for fish in a day or so. I'll post some pictures once it's ready.
    Some innocents 'scape not the thunderbolt

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    With the demasoni and acei we haven't seen any of the behavior where mom puts them back into her mouth.....once they drop them the babies are on their own. But there are enough hiding places that they may be doing that while hidden and we just don't see it.
    Kimmer

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Alright! Mom is back in the big tank and babies are in the new fry tank. I counted 22 but smashed one during the transfer so I'm at 21 right now. They are all hiding out in the holey rock. Only one is brave enough to leave the cave and I call him Maximus. I'll try to get a picture of him later.

Here is the fry tank.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice. I have thought about removing holding females from the 150 and raising the fry myself. After seeing that a couple are making it though I will just see what happens. I regularly see 2 move about right after feedings.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'm going to leave my little yellow lab who is holding in the big tank for her first batch. I don't think she will produce very many fry and I don't want to start another tank just for her (and I don't really feel like puting her in with the zebras). After the zebras are big enough to sell I might pull out the next holding female and put her in the fry tank. This has been a lot of work so far and I think I would like to wait until these guys are done before I start again.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You may not get the option to wait....they may just keep giving you more and more babies . That first shot of mom and babies by the way is awesome....hope to see it in the POTM contest! Keep me posted on how the babies are doing and we can see about taking a trip to Columbus. It sounds like a great weekend.....drive down with your babies, deliver to you, check out local stores that you of course can recommend....get a room, order pizza, swim with the kids, stop back by in the late morning to pick up our babies and come on home . If you know of any local stores that are big on freshwater puffs make sure you get me an address!
    Kimmer

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a plan. I only wish this city had more to offer in the way of aquarium stores. Aquarium Adventure is a pretty cool store, though I'm not sure any place has a large selection of freshwater puffers lol. I'll keep my eyes open though, I'm sure there is a puffers store somewhere in this city.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We have an aquarium adventure here near us.....awesome store! I love the custom setups that travel all around the walls and stuff. We have had good luck with their fish also even though others have complained their fish died from there. Makes me wonder what their tank maintenance is like!
    Kimmer

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a picture of Maximus as promised!

The little guys are growing up fast. They are already acting like cichlids, nippin and chasing just like the adults do. Good stuff!