· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 20 gallon cycle w/ fish

0 Not allowed!
    ok I posted the title wrong so the real question is how many fish should I put in the tank? the tank has been set up for a month now and my father says its time to get fish.
    Last edited by Cantra; 12-04-2008 at 04:32 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    How much live rock do you have, and what are your water parameters? The parameters are your biggest deciding factor for when to add fish. If ammonia and nitrite are zero and nitrate is less then 5, then I would add a small fish or 2

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As mentioned above test to see where your levels are in the tank. Livestock needs research before you drop even a single fish in the tank. Make up a list of the fish that you might like to attempt keeping and research their needs. Once you know what you're able/want to keep then begin stocking with the most tank friendly fish first.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the place I got the live rock said that they gave me enough for my tank size but I'm not sure how much that is because my dad got it and I wasn't with him. with the parameters my dad's the one who checks all that because for some reason he doesn't want me to mess with the all that but I guess its cause I don't know how to use the stuff and its expensive so he doesn't want me to mess it up and waste something.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ask your dad approximately how much rock he bought and ask him to test the water for you (it really isn't that complicated, takes about 5 min to learn)

You will need to add about 25lbs of rock minimum for that tank IMO. If your current rock level is lower than this, you will need to make up the difference with more rock. This will mean that you will have a bit longer to wait until you can add a fish.

As labnjab stated, if your ammonia and nitrite are 0ppm and your nitrate is less than 10ppm, you can add one small fish. Try not to go for a damsel though as you will probably regret it......