· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Word Game buddy - Wild Turkey   Yourfish looked lonely, besides your a nice guy. - Brookfish   Seasons Greetings, Have a great Christmas. - Brookfish   Happy Hols! - fins_n_fur   Happy Birthday! - Brookfish   

Default My first halfway decent pics...

0 Not allowed!
    Well I've been fooling around w/ my gf digital camera trying to get a couple decent pics...I might be getting a hang of it.

Bettas, guppies in breeder.

My big pike, and face of my oscar (still healing up)

Roseline Barb, you kinda see my substrate

Best pic so far!
    I will try to get a full tank shot of my big one once I do a WC and clean the glass...my otos been slacking!
    My last signature was obnoxious.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the A.C fellow Dutchy  xxxx - Fishalicious   Happy Valentines Day xxx - Fishalicious   thanks for the nomination :) - shalafi04   thanks for the tubes!!! - sharkbite   Hope your little gal is better soon xxxx - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice start...some suggestions, if I may (not that I'm an expert photographer), but:

1. Take pictures at night with no light in the room save for the tank lights. It will reduce reflections. Or, try to close all the blinds/drapes that you can. I used to get two weird orange blobs in my photos until I realised it was from two lamps in the far corner of the living room.
    2. Get some dark coloured construction or heavy paper to put behind the tank to keep the focus of the picture in the tank, not what's behind it.
    3. Try not to get too close to the tank, or angle your camera in such a way not get a reflection of you or the camera--I can see a camera lens in the reflection of your picture of one of your corys.

And, yes, crystal clear tank glass helps with the quality of the picture as there's nothing for the camera to focus on.

Nice to see other folks taking the time to work on these skills! They help win the photo contests!
    Last edited by fins_n_fur; 12-03-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Word Game buddy - Wild Turkey   Yourfish looked lonely, besides your a nice guy. - Brookfish   Seasons Greetings, Have a great Christmas. - Brookfish   Happy Hols! - fins_n_fur   Happy Birthday! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    haha yeah I know im sposed to take them at night with dark in the room but I had nothing to do all day...I was guna change my water but I realize my arm hasnt healed enough to do one all by myself, itd be alot of trips up and down the stairs one jug at a time.
    My last signature was obnoxious.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pics mate, the tank shot is impressive, nice and clear, some
    good tips there from fins_n_fur, especially the dark background.
    keep sharing the pics, looking good!!
    Mike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! I love the tank shot, its so clear and focussed! I agree with the above taht a background would look wonderful - particulary blue or black ;)) I also suggest a few more plants (THis is if you want too!) If you want a real easy plant, Elodea is really great and really makes a tank shine ;)

I also love your white gravel, how its not smooth, but is like hills. I don't know why, but I love bumpy substrate, it looks so much more natural too me :)) lolz.