· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Right back at ya! Happy Friday brother. - AmazonJoe Back at you, glad your here ;-) - steeler58 Have a beer for the new fish and safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 
    vicariously sharing your Harleys - RiversGirl I could not rep you for you tank, so have a b-day cake for the little guy ;-) - steeler58 And a cool one for dad ;-) - steeler58 Can't stop at 1! - Boundava Now you have three. - Boundava 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof 

Default Darth Slitherous

3 Not allowed!
    Picked this little guy up Friday night. The Mrs., myself, and Jr. were instantly captivated by him. This is our first reptile. Rita and I have been reading all we can on the hobby. Should be fairly interesting.

29 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    90 gallon - Community tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Crowntail tank - Journal
    10 gallon - Carbon Rili tank - Journal

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Right back at ya! Happy Friday brother. - AmazonJoe Back at you, glad your here ;-) - steeler58 Have a beer for the new fish and safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 
    vicariously sharing your Harleys - RiversGirl I could not rep you for you tank, so have a b-day cake for the little guy ;-) - steeler58 And a cool one for dad ;-) - steeler58 Can't stop at 1! - Boundava Now you have three. - Boundava 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof 

4 Not allowed!
    WP_20160813_003.jpg

3 Not allowed!
    Nice, I've only kept chameleons before. Where are you guys keeping this little guy?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

2 Not allowed!
    What does he eat?

2 Not allowed!
    oh man! urgh I really was a inch away from getting back into breeding balls instead of fish.... I may still get one or two just for recreation though.... gorgeous ball, what morph is it? looks like a pastel

*BTW love the name

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Nice, I've only kept chameleons before. Where are you guys keeping this little guy?
    We have him in a heated Rubbermaid bin with a hide right now. We are still unsure of whether or not we are going to make a fancy enclosure for him. We've read that balls prefer cramped quarters as it makes them feel more secure. In the wild they spend all their time hiding in burrows and such and only come out to catch food. The Rubbermaid bin is also supposed to help maintain the humidity levels.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    What does he eat?
    Live mice/rat pups.
    His feeding schedule is every Monday. Tomorrow will be our first time trying to feed him. The store said that they had him for a couple of months and he wouldn't eat anything except live prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwfish13 View Post
    oh man! urgh I really was a inch away from getting back into breeding balls instead of fish.... I may still get one or two just for recreation though.... gorgeous ball, what morph is it? looks like a pastel

*BTW love the name
    That's awesome you bred these! We held him during a little "safari" event the store was having for kids on Thursday and all three of us became instantly obsessed with it. It's been killing us, but we've been good and have been leaving him alone since we got him. Boof Jr. has been wanting to pet him, so we've only opened his bin up once each day to lightly touch him for about 30secs before leaving him be.

The store said he was just a normal. They had a spinner for $115 and two normals for $49. The spinner was beyond our budget, although it looked really cool.

3 Not allowed!
    I would imagine he has something going on, he has a more yellowish tint. Yeah me and my brother had one that was about 4 1/2 foot and about as big around as a 40 ounce beer bottle his name was boss hog. I miss them a lot

You are correct about the enclosure. I would put another hide in make sure the hides are just big enough for him to curl up in.

After about a week since you got him you can start handling it more, it's good to start with about 10 mins of hand time and slowly work it up to maybe half an hour in about a month.

If you haven't already join ballpython.net it's a great forum I am on there, I haven't posted in forever but it's a great source of info like the AC is for fish. Man I'm jealous :)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Just joined up. For some reason it hasn't sent me my email confirmation yet, though.

Tonight was the first night we have really held it since the store. We went to check on him and saw that he finally went pee and poop, so my wife held him while I cleaned everything up, and then I held him while she took some pictures.

We have a thermostat with probe ordered on Amazon, as well as another small hide. I need to pick up a hydrometer, though.

How do you increase the humidity? We were reading that the water dish alone would bring the humidity up but we aren't really seeing much condensation on the bin.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Some of the photos we took tonight after cleaning up his bin:

V__769B.jpg

V__BA0D.jpg

3 Not allowed!
    Ok I see he does look like a normal now, great looking snake! I am one that still likes the normals in a world full of morphs.

You can get some sphagnum moss and soak it and squeeze the water out and put in the hide over the heat pad and mist it to keep the humidity up, I never had a problem with it, humidity was always low and I just kept enough water in the bowl for them to soak during its shed, that's the most important time for humidity.