· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My Rescue Furballs

2 Not allowed!
    Honey
    When we brought her home, she was a 3lb ball of fluff with ears and paws too big for the rest of her body...
    Honey 1.jpg
    Ten years later...
    100_2303.jpg

Ysabeau
    Last year...
    12-24-13 233.JPG
    This year...
    0313141404.jpg
    30g Tetra Zen: 14 neons, 8 black neons, 7 julii cory, 4 nerites & growing
    40B Ghost Ship: under construction, 12 ghosts temporarily in the TZ
    10g Betta Berth: male spade tail betta, 5 nerites
    1g & 3g Snail & Shrimp Picos: 2 RCS
    40L Hillstream, 55 Cichlid, 40B Bayou Teche, 40B Tetra Tenancy, 10g-2, 29g Rasbora Ranch: in my dreams

2 Not allowed!
    Couple of cutie kitties you have there CQ! They look content and happy and I bet they rule the roost!
    DM's 20g high - journal

2 Not allowed!
    They're spoiled little furballs, I'll tell you hat.

Ysa is very much a lap kitty, and likes to cuddle. She's still pretty shy, though, and will usually hide when anyone not Mr. Cajun or I comes through the door...even parents and close friends, who are always coming and going. She likes to play with feathers, foil balls, and anything that dangles. During the day, her favorite perch is Mr. Cajun...now that he's broken her of trying to play with his computer while he's working (she used to chase the cursor across the screen); in the evenings, she hangs out with me. She's convinced that the fish are her play-buddies.

Honey will only sit in one lap (my dad's), and is very much Queen of All She Surveys; once she's put her paw on it, it's hers, no matter who it belongs to. Doesn't matter if it's a toy, your clothes, your bed... Yet for all her attitude, she's a very empathetic kitty; if you're sick or crying, she'll curl up next to you til you're better. She likes stuffed animals, boxes, and plastic flippy rings. And she mostly ignores the fish, always has, even though she'll normally chase anything that moves. We share custody of Honey with my parents, who originally didn't want a cat but fell in love with her anyway; she spends part of her time with me, part with them, and thinks it all some great adventure travelling from house to house and seeing different people.
    40L Hillstream, 55 Cichlid, 40B Bayou Teche, 40B Tetra Tenancy, 10g-2, 29g Rasbora Ranch: in my dreams

Awards Showcase

It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on 2,000 post! - Slaphppy7 Sorry to hear about the loss of your Cat :( - steeler58 
    Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy, Happy new year - SeaLady Happy Birthday Kido...better late than never :-) - Taurus 
    Happy belated Birthday, how come nobody knew? - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly For your new furry addition-no cats! - Boundava Happy Easter - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh they are just precious and beautiful! Our cat Squeek was similar to Honey, not a lap cat but very empathetic also, he would not leave your side if sick or upset, even if the husband and I were having a discussion and raised our voices he would sit between us and meow loudly.
    Ysa sounds like she is quite the entertaining kitty and would make your day better with all that playfulness

0 Not allowed!
    And they know it!

Honey's pretty quiet, though she'll bounce herself off doors if she wants attention and doesn't think you're moving fast enough. Ysa's got more than enough meow for the both of them, though. And neither one really understands the concept of boundaries, and that there are places kitties shouldn't go, no matter how much we've tried to teach/encourage proper behavior...

0325141815c.jpg

NY 2007 001.jpg

Awards Showcase

For being a Super forum member and friend. - Taurus A heart for your big heart :o) and for Toby and Ginger - fishmommie Bit of luck for St. Patty's Day. - Taurus Thanks for the dubiously deserved rep...here's a non-dead fish.  Maintenance guy must be doing his job. - WhistlingBadger TGIF starting early! - Boundava 
    Dog Dad!!! - Rue Relax! - cajunqn81 For passing Cliff ;-) - steeler58 Here's to shrimp! - Silbar Happy Easter - fishmommie 
    Happy Easter - steeler58 It's the easter CPD...Happy Easter to you and the family. - Taurus Happy 2 Year Anniversay - Boundava Happy anniversary! - wgoldfarb A gift for two great years ;-) - steeler58 
    and here's to the next 20,000! - RiversGirl 20,000 post's 'NUFF SAID" ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 TGIF and thanks for the rep :-) - Taurus TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty girls!...you commented how Ysa looks like our Bashi a bit, now I see the resemblance!

Our cats stay outside unless it's very cold out side, but the one male, Drake, is the only one who winds up on high shelves and other places he shouldn't be...like on my tank!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Welcome and thanks for the information! - Plecos Caring for the Pleco - Plecos Thanks for playing - mommy1 Thanks for playing, here's some candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Have a nice day! - Plecos 
    More Color! - Plecos Thanks for playing, here's some candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Have a tetra :) - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Thanks for the moss! - hydrophile 
    Heres a lovely little Cafe Latte for you for your great amount of help! - Guppygalore you ask for one - cm12setx in memory of yours. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly 
    Cheers! - cajunqn81 You need a gourami! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.T.!....cheers! - Slaphppy7 For a fellow tetra lover ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, very pretty girls. Our two cats are very shy as well, more so since we moved 14 years ago, they are indoor cats. No killing birds or rodents outside or being killed by coyotes, hawks, or cars. At 17 and 19 they don't do the shelves, though my tuxedo used to jump on you from refrigerators and would climb shelves too and the calico used to climb the rafters in the basement in the current house we live in, and I think she fell from the loft and broke her tail too, she has had a kinked tail since shortly after we moved here. Our two Pampered Princesses.
    Last edited by Boundava; 03-11-2015 at 01:27 PM.
    75g. heavily planted/CO2 w/ DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, loach, pleco, shrimp, snails and Neptune (betta)
    5g. planted w/DW, and female betta
    5g. planted w/DW, and male betta, and snail
    10g. future shrimp, micro fish, apono nursery- cycling
    20L future shrimp; micro fish- cycling

My 75g: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=119061

My 10/20Lshrimp tank: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...801&highlight=

0 Not allowed!
    These two are mostly indoor kitties, it was part of the contract we signed with the rescue. Maine Coons are closer in breeding to wild cats, though, I think; she certainly behaves more like a small bobcat or such at times, and she's definitely more of a hunter than Ysa. So we ended up having to leash-train her so she could have some outside time and travel with us on our road trips. Though often she walks us more than we walk her... We're working on this with Ysa, but she doesn't seem to have the same need for being outside as Honey; when the door opens she's more likely to flee from the door than run toward it...

9. Default

2 Not allowed!
    love 'em :o) there's nothing softer than a cat's paw, right?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, apple & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco,apple & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, ottos,krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Welcome and thanks for the information! - Plecos Caring for the Pleco - Plecos Thanks for playing - mommy1 Thanks for playing, here's some candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Have a nice day! - Plecos 
    More Color! - Plecos Thanks for playing, here's some candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Have a tetra :) - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Thanks for the moss! - hydrophile 
    Heres a lovely little Cafe Latte for you for your great amount of help! - Guppygalore you ask for one - cm12setx in memory of yours. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F. - showmebutterfly 
    Cheers! - cajunqn81 You need a gourami! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.T.!....cheers! - Slaphppy7 For a fellow tetra lover ;-) - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    yes, I love to pet their paws, the cats don't like it though-go figure!
    75g. heavily planted/CO2 w/ DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, loach, pleco, shrimp, snails and Neptune (betta)
    5g. planted w/DW, and female betta
    5g. planted w/DW, and male betta, and snail
    10g. future shrimp, micro fish, apono nursery- cycling
    20L future shrimp; micro fish- cycling

My 75g: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=119061

My 10/20Lshrimp tank: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...801&highlight=