· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Baby!

Default My New Baby!

4 Not allowed!
    Just brought home our new baby!

We're both jet-lagged and adjusting to our new realities, lol.

This is Dagmar. She is 13 weeks old. She is a Standard Short-haired Dachshund.

Dagmar in Bremen 16 09 08.jpg
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

2 Not allowed!
    What a pretty girl!...LOVE her patterns and coloring of her coat
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I love her coat colour and I love the markings! She's very sweet too.

I introduced her to the three amigos - over the fence. I don't think there will be a problem, but I won't let them loose quite yet together either until I'm sure.

I did let our mini-Dachshund meet her directly. I wasn't too worried about those two, lol. The puppy is already as big as Hanni. She should be 2-3X as big when she's fully grown.

...hubby is already calling them the 'big wiener' and the 'little wiener'.

She's not remotely housebroken. I'm anticipating some sleep-disturbed nights coming up.

4. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Such a cute dachsi! We have had them my whole life and they have such personality. Love her colors.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe Successful heater transitions - RiversGirl Thanks for catching my mistakes! - Rocksor Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58 
    You paved the way! - RiversGirl For your concern while I was away! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58 For guessing the right date ;-) - steeler58 Good Sunday to you ;-) - steeler58 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post

...hubby is already calling them the 'big wiener' and the 'little wiener'.
    That is very funny!!
    She is beautiful and I also love her unique coloring and markings! Congrats on getting her and good luck with the housebreaking.

Awards Showcase

Have another tetra just because ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the plants! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 Get well soon! - RiversGirl Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos 
    Happy Safe Delivery! - Rue Thank you for the assasins - Boundava Sounds like you might need these ... - mermaidwannabe Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe 

1 Not allowed!
    Very interesting patterning. I've never seen one like that. Puppies are always so cute but oh so much work. Enjoy yourself.

2 Not allowed!
    LOL...their cuteness saves them from getting the blame for the extra work! :D

Today was a long day...and I didn't get a full night of sleep in. Got up once for the big dogs, and one more time for the puppy. Started the day by doing laundry.

Then I realized I do more around the house than I give myself credit for. I was only away for a week, but no one vacuumed or did the host of other 'little' things I look after. They all add up to one huge 'big' thing if you have to do them all at once.

I let Hanni and Dagmar together in the house, after I took the two of them for a walk, to aid in the acclimating. The first thing they both did was run to the cat food bowls (off-limits to dogs - and the dogs know that)...and had a fight. LOL...

Then Dagmar peed in her new bed...so I washed it and she now has to use the old bed. While I was doing that I soaked the tortoise. She wasn't soaked while I was gone, so I wanted to make sure she was getting enough water.

In the basement I had a cockroach mess to clean up - and a cat pee issue to clean up. We had to put our old cat down 3-4 weeks ago. I hope this was old cat pee from her when she was starting to 'go', and not something new starting up with one of the two young cats. Now I need to let everything down there (that I washed) dry and then go back and start sniffing to make sure I found the issue. I also changed the kitty litter, to make it easier to keep an eye on things from today onwards...

Two of the ponies escaped again...but I let hubby chase them down...

It's only 5:30, but I'm already ready for bed.

...but the plants still need to be watered...
    Last edited by Rue; 09-10-2016 at 11:30 PM.

2 Not allowed!
    Adorable new pup!! Congrats.

I'm tired out just reading about all your chores. Hope you get a full night's sleep very soon.

You are definitely onto something about not realizing how many little things you do and how all those add up to big things.

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

It was another short night. Hubby was coughing starting at 3:00 and woke me up. I finally started dozing off around 5:00...and then the big dogs started howling...then I smelled the puppies crate - she had exploded (I think the new food is giving her the runs, but nothing I can do about that now, she'll adjust...I hope)...so I cleaned that up...

Went back to bed - and the alarm went off. LOL.

But! She peed outside this morning! Success!

This afternoon we have our first puppy class and when we get back home from that, the kids are coming over to meet her, at dinner time.

Hopefully she doesn't pee on everyone. :D

2 Not allowed!
    Yay for her going pee outside today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post

Hopefully she doesn't pee on everyone. :D
    This made me laugh and brought back memories of our dachshund... we learned to 'make our greetings' on the (tile) front porch -- or better yet, outside in the grass -- instead of in the living room. haha