· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

Default When Angels Attack...

0 Not allowed!
    The Angel Spawn has grown up fast and one of the little guys decided to take on his big Pappa <silly fishy!!!> for dominance of the tank....

Enter dramatic music

I love the Apisto with his ringside seat in the hole behind them LOL

Really bad picture but it shows the liplock nicely
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    One last big attack from Pappa

THE WINNER - Son is bowing to his master

Note the Altispinosa being a nosey little guy - all other fish in the tank were hiding for cover!!! I had to scrap about 20 pictures because he kept swimming in front of the camera (could have killed him) hehehehe

So I gave in and took his snap
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    WOW ! Great timing Jess!
    Those shots are fantastic ! It looks like it had a good ending with no serious injuries!Pretty Angels!
    The Altispinosa has some nice bright colors!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For outstanding care of a Corydoras - Brookfish   more discus for you: - Lady Hobbs   brookfish ! for your good photos now give me some tips hahha on photographing rummies. - LORENZO   No Message - LORENZO   dougZ - LORENZO   

0 Not allowed!
    ohhhhh wow! Beautiful shots of those angels. Mine just spawned and i brought he big brute to the store and traded him in. oh my he was a brute. The poor female -one of them was bitten. They go and attack the sides of each other. oh and then the other night how could i sleep he was chasing my prized blue gourami and beating up on the other angels. What a shot of them going at it!!! That little fish looked like a ram. What was it?

How did you get that color so bright in that tank. What camera were you using? Stunning photos. I have some angel pics and discus pics in the member gallery.

I just can't get over the clarity on those shots. What f stop were you using and did you use a tripod? They look like the zebra angels I have. I had seven and now well i gave the brute back. Excellent picture!!!!!!
    Last edited by Fishalicious; 12-01-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah Angel fights can be pretty verocious... luckily there are only a few scales missing here and there this time but I guess it is time to move the little ones out of the tank

Thanks for the compliments!!! I would have had better shots if it were not for the Altispinosa LOL

@ Lorenzo - It's a Microgeophagus altispinosa - Bolivian Ram (bigger cousin of the German Blue Ram) I am amazed myself at how beautiful and brightly colored they are... during breeding they are even brighter

They are Pterophyllum scalare Angelfish - the big one is at least 11 inches high from top fin to bottom

The F stop is between 3.5 and 4.5 in these pictures....

No flash - just the lighting from the tank and no tripod...I have a steady hand and need to be able to follow the fish with ease so a tripod is a pain I find.

It is a case of playing about and seeing what works for you... some swear by a tripod and flash at an angle and other don't
    Last edited by Fishalicious; 12-01-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    That's a great series of pics, some excellent action shots there,
    gorgeous Angels as well if I may say and the Rams a stunner,
    thanks for sharing!
    Mike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You can tell me how pretty they are alllllll day long Brookfish Thanks.... from you it is a great compliment!!!
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Fantasic pictures Jess. A couple of mine prior to the big separation.

Note the bare spot on the top fish where she got burned BAD from the heater. Ended up healing but she had a dozie.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Great piccie Hobbs!!! Beautiful shiny healthy Angels

I bet they liplocked for ages ... sizewise they look like a good match for each other!!!!

It is horrible when they start doing it for hours and start breathing all shallow - urghhhh
    My own Fish Blog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    You gotta be kidding. My fought for 30 seconds and I moved them. Can't stand it. Dropped in another female and it was love at first sight......not bite.