· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Perfect example Hobbs and the reason for this article...the internet and many books have the wrong pictures LOL

The one you posted above is a C. citripinnis - true Siamensis don't have a black stripe in the eye. Also on this one the black side markings fade/blend into the abdomen rather than it being solid creamy white.
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

0 Not allowed!
    Oh cripes. I got that picture from this site.
    http://www.aquariumalgaeeaters.blogspot.com/

Shoot! I can not tell one from the other. I was looking at doug z's pictures thru my magnifying glass. LOL So.........the picture I posted in wrong?

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Fishalishouse.

Sorry I did not answer. I could not find the link, to only find it was a sticky.

Anyway i have to that have the black patch under their body. Strait black lines. And small barbells.

They normally don't stop moving around the plants glass or rocks. they seem to be always one the move.

Cheers,
    mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Had the opportunity to see a Langei at a fellow aquarist's place today..

They had the barbels, and the ventral black blotch..

Now that I know what I'm looking for, it's easy!

To know what a proper Langei looks like, anyways..

I asked him to grab some if he runs across any more..
    Last edited by doug z; 11-30-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishalicious
    Perfect example Hobbs and the reason for this article...the internet and many books have the wrong pictures LOL

The one you posted above is a C. citripinnis - true Siamensis don't have a black stripe in the eye. Also on this one the black side markings fade/blend into the abdomen rather than it being solid creamy white.

LOL maybe someone should edit out Hobbs photo she posted so anyone that doesnt read on doesnt go out looking for it?

GREAT thread though Jess!

50G Tank - Kyathit Danios, Zebra Danio, Swordtails, Silver Hatchetfish, Platy, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Bolivian Rams, Apisto, Zebra Loaches.
    20G 'Nano Fish' Tank - Pygmy Rasboras, Lampeyes, Sparkling Gouramis, CPD, Bronze Corydoras, Cherry Shrimp
    Wanted: More CPD's and Loaches.
    Keep updated with my fish world in my Blog! And my tanks Blog!

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, a good close-up picture of a siamensis or at least a langei would be good to have here..

Mind you, the link provided in the second post serves that purpose..

I wonder if the different varieties would school together..

Or are SAE schoolers?

I know my 2 like to hang out together, most of them time, anyways.. :)
    Last edited by doug z; 11-30-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah they are schoolers and the different varieties all hang out with each other - which is why when they are caught and shipped and then delivered to the different LFS you can find a mix of different kinds in one tank...

In the wild they swim in huge schools of hundreds...
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do any of the non-Langei species happen to eat ANY algae? I have a green hair infestation and I don't think I have a Langei (no black patch)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I hear ya..

My C. atrilimes eat nothing but fish food.. :(

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a bit late, but I learned alot
    reading that. Kudos to you
    Fishalicious!
    Fish Tail