· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    HAHAHAHAHA I love the Diamond - awesome pic...pleco bum..diamond gums and algae eater behind

Yip definately a Langei Behavior is a give away as well...my langei relentlessly go over every single plant leaf, backing and glass in search of algae non stop whereas the other two I have noticed tend to chill out a lot more between the searching.
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im glad I have a good one the problem is Ive never seen them for sale again since I bought these.maybe Ill get him mounted when he passes!Thanks a bunch Jess.
    Last edited by smaug; 11-26-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Lucky stiffs.. :(
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Back when I first got them I still had a decent amount of bba on the gravel,I used to watch them go over every little piece and eat the stuff like corn off the cob.
    Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now that I know just how rare they are ,I wish they would have successfully bred for me.I actually saw them mating many times but I guess it never took.The fry would have never made it anyway,not with my angel and all the tetras.Now Ill worry about them.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know what it is that it is all kept 'secret' that in the stores there are no real SAE and the ones in there can actually be a mix of 4 different ones from the same family.... really disapointing for folks who get excited they have finally found SAE's ... only to later find out they have one of the family that are non algae eating.

I was shocked as well when I started researching it... I never knew it before and also pretty bummed 2 of mine are non algae eaters.

They are so hard to breed... I wish you the best of luck Smaug.. would be awesome if you could do it... banish the Angel to another tank
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    matingsae.JPG

matingsae2.JPG
    I havnt seen them do this for awhile,but when this was going on alot there was also chasing and some form of dancing together.It was pretty cool to observe.
    The next time my store has these guys Im getting a half dozen of them.

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Do they ship?? :(

LOL

Wish I'd known this before I went shopping..

Thought I was doing good just differentiating from CAE, etc..
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN

0 Not allowed!
    Here's another picture for ya, Jess. Plus good comparison guide.
    http://www.petresources.net/fish/article/sae.html

Your article was awesome!

Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 11-26-2008 at 11:23 PM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doug z
    Do they ship?? :(

LOL

Wish I'd known this before I went shopping..

Thought I was doing good just differentiating from CAE, etc..
    yes they do.And when and if they ever get them again,I will inform everyone here.Hopefully it will be the same type,because I dont think I could identify them at such a young age as they get them at.Seeing as how I just now learned the diff!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    With my luck they'll be 2 or more different varieties in the same batch, and I'll get the wrong ones again.. ;)