· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Top or Mid region Corydoras?

0 Not allowed!
    I've been waitiing to get some kind of cory, however i was wondering if there are any species that enjoy swimming around the mid to top levels? i know they are bottom dwellers but...and does anyone know if i could house kuhli loaches (3 to 4) with any cory species (3 to 4) in a 30 gal (slightly longer and wider, as the tank will be set up for bottom dwellers such as rams, small loaches, and small corydoras, thanks for any info
    If a fish splashes in the tank, and no one is around to hear it? does it make a sound?....:D

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    All corys are bottom dwellers, they only pop upto the surface for air. Khulis can be housed with corys, but both prefer to be in groups of 6+
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    All corys are bottom dwellers, they only pop upto the surface for air. Khulis can be housed with corys, but both prefer to be in groups of 6+
    yeah, i know the 6+ rule, could i balance this with lots of hiding (live plants and rocks, caves, etc.? anyway it looks like you know a bit about gouramis...from what i've seen, they cant be housed with bettas (mine is a rescued male, who lost his fins in a couple fights so no long flowing fins...) and he is the only one, very peaceful, but if they can, could you recommend any dwarf species that are also compatible with cories/loaches?
    If a fish splashes in the tank, and no one is around to hear it? does it make a sound?....:D

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm kinda confused at that there, are you asking if you can keep a gourami with your betta? I would tend to advise not to try this, bettas are 9/10 kept solitary. Cories and loaches would probably be ok with a solo betta aslong as it was densley planted, overhanging wood, caves etc

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol, sorry that was a bit confusing, i was asking if all can be kept together in a 30 gal, with a slightly longer, and wider footprint than a normal 30, and ok for the betta, but are dwarf gouramis ok with german blue, or angel rams? there will be a pair, male and female (hopefully) thanks for the info

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm still confused

Is this your stocking idea?

2 rams
    1 dwarf gourami
    6 corys
    6 khulis

30G tank.

That what your asking? If so then yeah that should be fine.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    I'm still confused

Is this your stocking idea?

2 rams
    1 dwarf gourami
    6 corys
    6 khulis

30G tank.

That what your asking? If so then yeah that should be fine.
    oh, sorry, but yeah, just wanted to make sure, would there be a problem with overcrowding if it was heavily planted?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wait are you keeping the betta with them or no? Betta and Gourami is a 100% no-no. They are to closely related and there will be blood. As for the rams that really depends on the fish, I have seen them work with bettas but only when the betta was added first.

9. Default C. Hastatus

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryNinja
    I've been waitiing to get some kind of cory, however i was wondering if there are any species that enjoy swimming around the mid to top levels? i know they are bottom dwellers but...and does anyone know if i could house kuhli loaches (3 to 4) with any cory species (3 to 4) in a 30 gal (slightly longer and wider, as the tank will be set up for bottom dwellers such as rams, small loaches, and small corydoras, thanks for any info
    Try Hastatus:

http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/co..._hastatus.html

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pygmy cories spend a lot of time mid water but only in still water. I find if there's any kind of current, they tend to hug the bottom.