· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi ^_^
    I done my research like a good little girl :P AND I am thinking of getting 6-7 of these little guys:

Species Name: Moenkhausia Pittieri

Common Name: Diamond Tetra

Family: Characidae

Max. Size: 2.5 Inches (6cm)

Origin: South America

Temperament: Peaceful

Company: Suitable for community aquariums.

Temperature: 22-28C/72-82F

Ph: 5.5-7.5

Aquarium Setup: Prefer a clean, well planted aquarium and enjoy more
    dimmed lighting. They appreciate a lower Ph and floating plants.

Character: Very peaceful and beautiful. Live for 5 years. The more mature they are, the more their colours will show, especially in males.

Feeding: They are not fussy eaters.

Breeding: They are easy to sex.

They sound so terrific and of course, they are so pretty and shiny! But the main thing is that the Angels won't feast on them!!! Me likey

Thankyou to our very own AC articles for this information!
    Keep in mind they get kinda big and need a tank a little larger then a 42.All that info is correct,I have a school myself ,but they do need a bit more room.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Demi,

A 42 gallon tank is a around 190 liters.

Diamond Tetras would make a great addition to your tank. Although you have 2 breeding pairs of Angels right?

IMO I would just have the one pair of Angels, and some Corys. That would be all for a 42 gallon. But if you had another tank, say 30 gallon you could get the
    Diamond and some Dwarf or Pygmy Corys.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Almost Mac ;))

A 42g is 160L, I am used to litres but use gallons on here as it seems easier for other members to understand ;))

I'll have to think. I don't want to get rid of my pairs of Angels, as they both live in harmony and do not harm any fish (Except the Glowlights)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Almost Mac ;))

A 42g is 160L, I am used to litres but use gallons on here as it seems easier for other members to understand ;))
    That is funny.

My computer calculator says 190 lts. What are the dimensions of your tank in decameters?

[/QUOTE]I'll have to think. I don't want to get rid of my pairs of Angels, as they both live in harmony and do not harm any fish (Except the Glowlights)[/QUOTE]

IMO I would only have the Angels in a 42. And that is just. I would leave the tank alone. May-be you could get a larger one?? They are easy to find. And you can get them second hand cheap as. Like me I am about to get a 100 gallon tank soon. And the one I want is about $3500.00. AUS, but I can find one for $450.00. What a saving.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Umm, the dimensions are 3ft x 15" wide x 18" high.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Demi,your angels get along now but when they start to spawn there will be aggression.Have you seen any yet?
    They are cichlids.I have never had luck with angel fish,they always ended up doing the opposite of what I was trying to do.They sure are pretty though!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by northernguy
    Demi,your angels get along now but when they start to spawn there will be aggression.Have you seen any yet?
    They are cichlids.I have never had luck with angel fish,they always ended up doing the opposite of what I was trying to do.They sure are pretty though!
    No aggression. 1# pair have had 5 spawnings and the 2# pair has had 2 spawnings. Absolutely no aggression, the only sign of aggression that is noted is the poor Glowlights.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Demi,

Your tank comes out to be 159.142938 liters. 34 imperial gallons, 42 US gallons.

18 inches high. How high is your gravel?

Depending on the hight, and the hight of your fish, your tank might be a bit shallow.

But as Northguy has already suggested. Just wait. AT some point their might be problems.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My gravel is about 1" to 1.5" high. Largest Angelfish verticle fin span is approximately 3-4" (Very rough/no tape measure to give me a guideline :))

The fish seem to have alot of room... :(. The LFS told me I couldn't bring in teh Tetras today because of it storming or some other excuse :(( They said I could bring em' in tomorrow though, so i will have to phone and speak to them then. Hope my dad takes me :((

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My gravel is about 1" to 1.5" high. Largest Angelfish verticle fin span is approximately 3-4" (Very rough/no tape measure to give me a guideline :))
    Thats good. Give them as much room as possible.

The LFS told me I couldn't bring in teh Tetras today because of it storming or some other excuse :(( They said I could bring em' in tomorrow though, so i will have to phone and speak to them then. Hope my dad takes me :((
    OHHH. So not to day but tomorrow. Okay not to day tomorrow. I think this might go on for quite some time. IMO I would if your folks don't mind just go strait to the shop with the fish. No matter the weather. Once you have finished the transaction with them, IMO never shop in that shop again.

mac

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast