· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the 6' tank! lol - Northernguy   

Default Do Snails Fight?

0 Not allowed!
    I moved my golden mystery snail from my 55 gal tank to another tank and the snail in the other tank will not leave the one I moved alone. The snail that I moved started exploring the new tank he was in when the resident snail came up to him and latched onto him. I pulled them apart and the snail I had moved went into his shell about a half hour later I checked he was still hidden in his shell and the resident snail was latched onto the him again. Are they fighting? I have another tank I can move one of the snails to. The reason I moved the first snail is that I am putting in some yoyo loaches and didn't want the snail eaten.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    I had this happen a few months ago between a golden apple snail and a black mystery snail. Sounds like they are mating. Here is a thread with some pictures of mine doing the same thing http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=29202

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because You Need A Gift - MeganL3985   For Your Green Efforts - MeganL3985   For your great posts! - alfcea   Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea   Thank you for always being willing and quick to help - Gemini   

0 Not allowed!
    I would be really careful pulling them apart. Pulling on them can tear the muscle which keeps them in their shell, so that their body and/or lung can't stay inside the shell anymore, and this is usually fatal.

Just let them be, they'll sort themselves out. I've never heard of snails fighting, but if a male tries to mount another male there will usually be some angry movement, but they won't harm each other, unless one is much bigger than the other, in which case one might get crushed.

But seeing as yours doesn't seem to mind being mounted it's prolly a female, and the male which is on top is mating with her.

Across the great pond from the state of Seattle

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have an octopus - angelcakes   a clownfish for your super sense of humor!!!! - ladyoutlaw50   doning the superman suit - Lady Hobbs   Let's have a Drink ;) - Fishalicious   For the wife! - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I have seen MTS fight back when attacked by an assassin but that was because the MTS was becoming lunch..... :-)

Snails do not fight so to speak they may make angry gestures like get off my back but other than that nothing really comes of it. If I were you I would be on the lookout for upcoming egg casings.
    This posting was approved by:
    William S. Burt

All words in this post are completly fictional, any resemblence to actual words is strictly a cowinky dink. No Animals were harmed in the making of this post. Now as far as Humans go there were probably a few hurt and maybe even killed. Please do not copy and paste this post with out the expressed written consent of the owner. Quoting is allowed but only too boost the owners already over inflated ego.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   Because you advice well... - Alfcea   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   taking the time to answer my question - gabbyguppy   Recent Posts\Contributions - Taurus   

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, no they weren't fighting, it was the other thing ;) Get ready for a clutch.

--chris

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I agree! They're tripping the light fantastic. I am interested in knowing if the babies will have both black and gold in their shells. I think that would be pretty.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    They are mating, just leave them.

Dont worry, mystery snails cant crush each other really, i keep newborns in with fullgrowns, they just get run over and keep going like nothing happened. Eventually they get so used to it they dont even go into their shells when it happens. I was however worried about suffocation ..but i never saw one case of it so i stopped worrying.

Ive kept a small army of mysterys and have never seen 1 example of aggression, whatsoever. They are also the only thing i can put in a shrimp tank and the shrimp will still breed.

Hilarious cartoon kor, LOL