· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome Buddy!! - Kayla-Bug   Thanks for asking about video. - William   Thanks for the support! - Brookfish   For your new giants! - Jacko   

Default New crestie tank!!

0 Not allowed!
    Today i picked up this tank http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/pet/890456632.html and I got to say this thing is hude I know it will look great when i get done with it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry for your oscar :( - angelcakes   word game buddy lol - angelcakes   just to add to your collection - angelcakes   for your many oscars! - Blu-ray   cas plecos are awesome - dean30bb   

0 Not allowed!
    awsome it looks masive

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome Buddy!! - Kayla-Bug   Thanks for asking about video. - William   Thanks for the support! - Brookfish   For your new giants! - Jacko   

0 Not allowed!
    Yea it is It's 18W X 30L X 31H So the cresties will love it and When i start adding stuff like the ground layer and Plants I will make a log thread.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This member on another forum said the tank maybe too big for the gecko or Geckos cause they might get stressed because they might not be able to find their food and Other things with the tanks size. So now i don't know what to do Should i go on and Get the one or Two gecko (When the tank is ready) Or go find a other species for the tank?

Please post your thoughts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I have noticed what I call 'big tank syndrome' a few times. I think of it as them thinking 'Oh my God, this is too big for me! I must be food for something in here!'.

It is really not a problem. For crested geckos they make little magnetic mounts to hold food and water that you can put anywhere on the glass, so once they find a place to hide and hangout you can put it right there. They will settle in.

That looks like the giant tank we have at my work that we use for chameleons.

Are you going to go all out and set it up with live plants, soil, branches, bamboo poles, etc.?
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    as adults I would consider that a good size for 2 cresties. If the tank is to be heavily decorated and planted I would not worry about the "big tank syndrome." problem with big tanks and small herps is generally that the animals don't want to get out in the open for fear of being eaten so having lots of cover throughout the tank generally keeps them happy
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yea i plan on going all out on this tank.

The tank already has a dish silicone on the side of the tank But i can move it. I just have to re silicone it and You know the people that i bought this tank from had a chameleon in it lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    If the geckos are not adult size yet Should i have them in a smaller tank? Or would they be ok?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I would say try it out. If it seems to be an issue you can always set them up in a smaller tank.

Make sure there are no gaps, especially around the door. They can slip through some very narrow spaces, especially the small ones.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast