· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

No Message - Abbeys_Mom Please accept this as a token of my appreciation - crackatinny Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy For being a great poster from Hobbs - hobbs thank you so much!!!  you're awesome!  here's some champagne!  i know, you can't drink it!!  lololol - jeffs99dime 
    A rose for you, just for being you....all Moms deserve flowers! - kimmers318 Back at ya! - hobbs Sorry I beat your Tetris record :D - Chrona You need some good luck! - Lady Hobbs That one might not be enough!! - Lady Hobbs 
    candy, little girl? - Lady Hobbs Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09 A Birthday drink - crackatinny WELCOME BACK! - Lady Hobbs Happy B-day, and thank you for the cake! - DemonShark 
    For your new tank - Northernguy Have another! - Northernguy 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Abbeys_Mom Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Abbeys_Mom Childhood Cancer - Abbeys_Mom Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Abbeys_Mom 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new fish :)
    Greatest Guitar Forum Ever
    www.thestringnetwork.com

0 Not allowed!
    They are the fastest fish i have every kept! You gotta lovem though
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumachine09
    They are the fastest fish i have every kept! You gotta lovem though
    Fastest how? They move fast?

What do you feed them to make them go so fast?

We can't wait to get him into the quarantine and eventually into the 10g. I'll keep you posted about how things are coming along.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-18-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    They usually dart around eratically when disturbed from their hides, probably pretty stressful so try to avoid it.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I'm just back from the LFS, with the bumblebee in tow. He's acclimating to the quarantine and seems to be fine.

We couldn't find Hikari Carnivore Pellets, so I bought the Hikari Sinking Wafers and some Nutrafin Sinking Shrimp Pellets. It should to until we get him into the 10g and then we'll feed him some earthworms as a treat.

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations! Good luck with him

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    I would hold off on the earthworms and all live foods. If you can't find the Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets you should get a varied diet of prepared foods such as those you have now as well as frozen things like beefheart, squid, and the like.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll look around some of the other fish stores for the carnivore pellets. I looked at the foods in stock where I bought the fish and there wasn't really anything specifically for carnivores or fish with a penchant for meat. The closest I could find were the shrimp pellets. The Hikari pellets are marketed for catfish, but I more for corys and plecos.

As for frozen food, I'll probably get some shrimp and try to find some beef hearts (though I was cautioned against hearts by the guys at Planet Catfish).

Why shouldn't I use live foods? Is it a parasite thing, or to keep agression down?

In any case, thanks for all the help and encouragement.

0 Not allowed!
    with live food disease can be spread very easily, can create unwanted aggression, and can ween your fish away from accepting anything else. i know i'm forgetting something else here.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Live foods are the best way to introduce a vast number of parasites and diseases, are not even close to nutritionally complete, can increase aggression, are totally unnecessary if they will accept prepared foods, and don't really have any benefits that I can think of. You will get a much healthier fish and tank, better colors, better growth, and easier feeding if you stick with just prepared foods. You can use beefheart as long as you use it in moderation.