· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default How big does this thing get???

0 Not allowed!
    HaH, piqued your curiosity eh?

I have a blue lobster and he started out about an inch long. I have had him about 7 months now. He has molted about 5 times so far and he has gotten about 8inches long now. I thought they only got to about six inches and this guy is huge. I normally wouldn't care but my fish aren't growing as fast and he has killed one and taken chunks out of a couple of others.

I'm thinking at this point if this guy gets much bigger I will either have to have a crawdad dinner or trade him to an LFS for a smaller one. I mostly just want to know if this is common and I was confused about their size. This guy is getting to be a monster.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nomination - Cliff   Merry X-mass, and thanks for all of your help this past year, both here and at the store - Cliff   No Message - cer   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   thanks for the betta :D - Cyberra   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor   Autism - sailor   

0 Not allowed!
    I have seen them as big as 10 inches and yes they will kill and eat fish if they can catch them.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor
    I have seen them as big as 10 inches and yes they will kill and eat fish if they can catch them.

Oh man, I only expected it to be about 6.
    I saw the fish killing thing already. I got to say I don't know if I was more in awe of it or mad to be honest. I hated losing that fish but MAN, that thing was like something from the discovery channel. He just came up this rock and BAM! he was on it like ugly on ape.

One of my Jack Dempsey's attacked it the other day too. Didn't hurt it cuz of the shell but he was pretty ticked off. Sure had it diving for cover though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   Because you advice well... - Alfcea   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   taking the time to answer my question - gabbyguppy   Recent Posts\Contributions - Taurus   

0 Not allowed!
    lol, funny thing about crawdads, most can get pretty large in a good environment. You should be flattered that you have provided such a good home for him. Get a few FW puffers, they'll keep him in his place :)

--chris

ps: my wife has a good garlic pesto sauce recipe that i reckon would make a nice glaze :)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin24h
    lol, funny thing about crawdads, most can get pretty large in a good environment. You should be flattered that you have provided such a good home for him. Get a few FW puffers, they'll keep him in his place :)

--chris

ps: my wife has a good garlic pesto sauce recipe that i reckon would make a nice glaze :)
    What a FW puffer?

Keep the recipe handy, I may just need it if he gets my managuensa.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   right back at ya - sailor   Congrats! - Northernguy   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - robnepper   

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yea, I finally figured out what the FW meant. LOL!

That looks like one seriously badass fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Why not give him a tank of his own and give him some feeder goldfish now and then? It would be a shame to get rid of him if you enjoy him.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    blues are a pain. 6 years ago i had a 33g, and at it had a blue lobster. he went MIA, and i figured he died.

a year and a half later, i looked in the tank at night, and out he came from some crazy burrow in the gravel chasing my 20 corys

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    My brother had one that size and it grew up with 2 RB Pirahnas.

Got any pics of that monster ?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html