· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I definitely agree with you on #9... I had a black tip shark; My husband brought one home because it was cute and tiny... It grew to a 9 inch monster and began tearing my tank to shreds! Needless to say, I had to rehome it.
    www.mrsjaymay23-fish-advice.blogspot.com
    Fish I own: angels(x2), pleco(x1), dojo loaches(x4), bolivian ram(x1), platy(x6), snails(x?) garra rufa (x1) feeder fish (x3), 80+ platy babies were born about 4 wks ago. (Not all in the same tank of course!)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see pictus cat on this list. That will be my 1st fishes.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another one that should be in the top ten is Koi. I wish we could get legislation passed to get LFS to stop selling them. They are POND FISH not tank fish. They should only be sold through pond stores.
    46gal with 3 fancy goldfish
    75gal 'community tank' with Synodontis Feather Fin, Golden Bristlenose, Pearl Gourami, Glass Catfish, Rainbow Shark, Male Guppies, Silver Dollar, Harliquin, Rummy Nose, Cardinial, Lemon, White Tip, Golden Skirt, Black Skirt, Flame, Buenos Aires and I'm forgetting something.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pele
    I'd add the goldfish

Even though they ar usually a begginner fish, they need a large tank with frequent water changes and lots of oxygen, and comets should only be kept in ponds
    I agree... I bought a comet then after about a year of keeping 2... yes 2 in a small bowl I did research. We have a little man-made pond all ready to put him in. I'm just waiting for warmer weather.

Goldfish are really misunderstood.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, never realized how big the plecos could get... D: Good thing I plan on getting a 100 gallon tank anyway, my little three inch Consuela should be more than happy once I get her set up in something that big. XD

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting thread, but I would rather call the subject as "Fish to avoid in small tank"
    jazu
    29gal

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just new to this and i saw all of your posts and I had a question. If I had a 55G tank and wanted to start off with a Sailfin Pleco. How well would that work, and if I added these fish: Swordtail, Harlequin Rasbora, Lyretail Killifish, and Penguin Tetra. How well would they do in a community together?

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the fabulous AC!

The sailfin pleco would outgrow the tank and eat the other fish when it had the chance.
    Its also not a good fish for a new tank.They should be added to a well established tank with algae growth.
    The other community fish should be fine together.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK that changes a few things a little but no big deal. Since the Pleco is out of the question would it matter if I had a few Cory in place of the Pleco? And for the Rasbora, It would be ok with the higher ph of the other fish?

10. Angry

0 Not allowed!
    I wish folks who would kill a houseplant would stop purchasing bettas and leaving them to languish in 1 gallon of icy water. It makes me sick to visit someone and see one of these poor creatures gulping air on their coffee table.