· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default 2!! New Additions

0 Not allowed!
    Tonight My girlfriend and I made a trip to our LFS, of course not planning to buy anything at all.Though low and behold, here they had ordered TONS of new Betta. With there being a large number of Crowntails (my new fish love) I just had to have one. So we ran to Wallyworld, I grabbed a new 5 gallon tank, ran back to said LFS and then broke down and bought two Betta.

I picked a steal blue betta, and my girlfriend picked a cream/red ?tail. She has named the cream/red Skittles. I have not yet named the Steal/blue so I need some suggestions. The Bluey Black is Stuka the 1st Betta

Steel/Blue (noname)

Skittles

Stuka

Please give me some suggestions for the Steel/ Blues name

Thanks for looking. :)
    I may not be perfect, but I'm canadian and that's good enough!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy   Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey   your a funny person, - mitcore   Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^   yay to chat buddies - arkie   
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    What about... Steel? Steel, Skittles and Stuka ^_^

Beautiful bettas!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift - korith   No Message - s72450   

0 Not allowed!
    They look beautiful!

How about Azul? I like using color names, perhaps you could just call him Blu. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Howdy neighbor ! - Algenco   Thanks mate - Tolley   Merry Christmas! :) - KrytterKrys   Happy New Year! - Northernguy   Welcome back! - Northernguy   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Gayle   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gayle   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gayle   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Gayle   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Gayle   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow they are so pretty!! Skittles is great!! How about naming him after a Roman emperor.............like Titus?
    Gayle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals"
    Sir Winston Churchill
    For info on endangered species:
    http://www.iucnredlist.org/
    For cool images/weather info:
    http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   To a nice, active and smart member of AC!! - Alfcea   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Holyvision   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, anyone know the breed of "skittles"? That almost looks like an albino of some type, very attractive!

"Do, or do not, there is no try." --Jedi Master Yoda

Aquatic Community Chat Room: http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    skittles looks like a delta tail

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I like Titus... And Steel... actually, I like Steel more....
    Poseidon "Sei" - Fishly god of the Fishtank

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Azul sounds great! All exotic and the like, steel could work, cant say I'm crazy about it. Heading along with Stuka's WW2 planes theme, I thought of Junker, haha. Stuka and Junker, has a nice ring to it. Still undecided.

Skittles, is a delta tail? Cool. Hey I was wondering, if I could have a blind in one eye fish. As I did my pre buy fishy check (eyes fully black, fins untorn, poopies in the cup, sleak bowels) I did notice his one eye is black in the middle with a blue ring. You can actually see it in the picture, his other eye is completely black. I passed him for purchase, my girlfriend was too excited for me to say no. Of course I could be overreacting but he sure wasnt interested in food this morning. I wiggled and dabbed my finger to get his attention right in front of his face to come get the pellets, he didnt budge, then I wiggled my finger an inch in front of his face, nothing, closer yet almost touching, he freaks, as if finally seeing me, and heads to his cave.

Then again....Mr Junker/Steel/Azul/Titus.... Just ingnored me completely showing off/flaring around the tank. That ones got alot of anger, he does :P

Could it be that both of their tanks are unheated and they are just not hungry today. Too cold, Listless...? Maybe we should purchase anouther new 5 gallon for skittles, and then heaters on top of that? Anyway to make the food more tantalising?

Anyhow thanks so far for all the help. Having a community forum with all this vast knolledge is so comforting. I need answers I just come here... Awwwww GIMME A BIG HUG hahaha
    I may not be perfect, but I'm canadian and that's good enough!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Hug given...did ya feel it? I think the heaters would be a good idea. Bettas like their temp. around 80 degrees and stable. You mentioned buying Skittles his own tank...please tell me you haven't put them both in the same tank. Fish can be blind in one eye, or even both eyes. Lovely fish, BTW!!!!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Howdy neighbor ! - Algenco   Thanks mate - Tolley   Merry Christmas! :) - KrytterKrys   Happy New Year! - Northernguy   Welcome back! - Northernguy   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Gayle   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gayle   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gayle   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Gayle   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Gayle   

0 Not allowed!
    Hugs!! LOL Yes heaters are good! around 75 degrees or less Betta get listless. Also keep in mind that it make take some time for your new finned friends to adjust, and be "normal". Moving can stress them. As for being blind in one eye, I am sure that they can be. Maybe he was just being stubborn too. LOL
    Gayle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals"
    Sir Winston Churchill
    For info on endangered species:
    http://www.iucnredlist.org/
    For cool images/weather info:
    http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/