· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Dave, Thanks!

I've been wanting a 55g tank... thinking about cichlids. Your writeup helped greatly!

Smile 100s chichlid id pics on one page

0 Not allowed!
    Dave66: I just found an amazeing web page that gives 100s of Chichlid Id. photos on one page. Right from Apists-Oscars and discus. All your readers will love it. I don't know how to post it so here you go, its real nice.
    http://ronaa.freehost386.com

Love your artical.

I once thought I was Brave, but I can't stop crying. "Kendal Payne"
    Tanks
    135g. 6' -"currently"under reno. to river tank for 12-L204 Panaques and 12 Cory Sterbai
    135g. DIY 48"X28"X24"- 1/2" glass. 7-wild L046Hypancistrus zebra
    65g.- 7 [B]wild[/B]L066 Hypancistrus King tigers 6 - 30g. fry tanks
    BE responsable!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome write-up, I printed it as my eyes cant read well on the computer screen, I get all bug eyed and stuff.

One question....Is there an UPDATED list of all dwarf cichlids yet or atleast current.

From what I understand kribs are african "Dwarfs" not south american where as a majority of dwarfs come from the americas and not africa.

I will be resetting my 52g FBH amazon tank due to selling my father all my angels for his 210 we are building http://tinypic.com/a/1yvzb/1
    that will house his 6 discus and 3 banjo cats.
    I would like to see what there is to be had in the way of dwarf cichlids for my 52g heavily planted as all my tanks are.

Thank you

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDevil
    Awesome write-up, I printed it as my eyes cant read well on the computer screen, I get all bug eyed and stuff.

One question....Is there an UPDATED list of all dwarf cichlids yet or atleast current.

From what I understand kribs are african "Dwarfs" not south american where as a majority of dwarfs come from the americas and not africa.

I will be resetting my 52g FBH amazon tank due to selling my father all my angels for his 210 we are building http://tinypic.com/a/1yvzb/1
    that will house his 6 discus and 3 banjo cats.
    I would like to see what there is to be had in the way of dwarf cichlids for my 52g heavily planted as all my tanks are.

Thank you
    Thanks for the kind comments. Except for a few cases, the dwarf cichlids in my list are rather easily found. Also, there's a dwarf Cichlid or two in my Geophagan (eartheater) primer should you wish to take a look.

There are many species of dwarf Cichlids in the Western Africa rivers, lakes and streams, including Kribs.

If you really want to know what all is out there, dwarf Cichlid-wise, the Baensch Cichlid Atlas, 2 Volumes, by Uwe Romer, Mergus Verlag Publishing is it. First volume is all Apistogramma species, second is more Apistos and other dwarf Cichlid genii and species.

I believe amazon.com carries the books. If you've further questions vis a vis dwarf Cichlids, ask them.

Dave

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Dave!

I will check that out, so far that article of yours has helped alot however the L. Curvicep Ive found to do quite well in a mixed cichlid tank(same region of course), I have a single pair I purchased as a single pair with only a pair of rams and then the rest of the tank, they didnt care for eachother and this female didnt care for the 10 males in the tank, however now they are cruising around the tank together and get up in the frenzy when the bloodworms hit the tank.

This is my first go with dwarf SA;s as I have two pairs of rams and one pair of curviceps and so far things are going well.

I am tempted to do a ram/curvicep tank as I have two that will be viable homes for them only issue is one is a 45 tall and from what Ive read from your article as well as apistogramma.....com It might be too deep for them to really be comfy.

I have bags of fresh fallen oak leaves from virgin land and driftwood and plants as well as smooth stones. I am sure I am covered on the breeding materials. Peat is in the tank on its own "filter" and Ph is a constant 6.5