· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks this helped me clearify a few things that i was concerend about setting up my 60 gallon.
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi! You'll have better luck if you ask your question under 'fish diseases'.

Do you have pictures of the ulcer? That would help you get a useful answer as well.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very helpful thank you!

4. Default help

0 Not allowed!
    I have 4 tetra in a 20 gallon tank and added 2 mollies yesterday and one is very aggresive and stressing out the tetra any ides??
    Last edited by Kerrilynn80; 06-08-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    You may have, but I can't think of a single book that is perfect.

The biggest reason is because the school as a whole needs more room. One neon tetra doesn't need as much space as six, but that shouldn't matter because they should always be in a school. One fantail goldfish can fit in a 30, but it is naturally a schooling fish and should not be left alone. So in order to properly care for these species you need to provide a school and therefore a tank large enough to handle that school.
    I remember my first Innes book (1969), he had so many fish shoved into aquriums just by his theory of using more aeriation, he also did not recommend water changes, just siphon and strain than reuse, WOW!

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrilynn80
    I have 4 tetra in a 20 gallon tank and added 2 mollies yesterday and one is very aggresive and stressing out the tetra any ides??
    Add more neons at least four but I would go with six, the neons will fill more secure and the molly won't be able to single out an individule or replace the molly. Mollies at least in the past had a reputation as potential bullies.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?A...engthUnit=inch

This site is helpful for stocking~you have to enter tank size and filters, they have menus for selecting brand/size of filters and room for two filter entries and the fish are specific species not simply family and they have helpful footnotes when you enter regarding recommended school size.
    29: Harlequin Raspboras, Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, Platies, CAE
    10: Neons, Otos, Amano Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello! I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I have been trying for several years to get a long term, happy ten gallon tank. I am aware that this is a somewhat small tank so fish stocking has to be thought out very carefully. The last tank I had was going quite well until one of my fish became aggressive and soon was the only fish left. I have been thinking of a few different fish to put in my new tank but I wanted some thoughts. I like dwarf gouramis, but if I have them I could probably only have those two fish, a male and female, and perhaps one small algea eater if I can find one that is small and can tolerate solidarity. My other thought was a small school, that is five maybe six, neon tetras, also with one small algae eater. The final hope would be to have the gouramis with the neons and the algae ester, but I suspect the tank could not handle this. What are your thoughts?