· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 20g FW to SW

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Don't use any kind of tap water. Sometimes it seems to work out, but more often than not it doesn't. Then you might need to break it down and start from scratch.

Not worth it. Just buy the jugs and buy some R/O water. It will be alot cheaper in the long than trying to cheap out with tap water.

Distilled is also an option.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Okay. I've read distilled works fine too. Anybody know how much those big drums things that go on the dispensers are?
    Last edited by AABatteries; 02-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    usually the 5g containers have a $10 deposit and are $2 to fill. i do it that way, too lazy to bother with a RO unit

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Okay. Lol.

I think I'll just use 1g jugs. A few of the jugs will turn into baking soda and vinegar bombs.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yay! I got a yes! I should be picking up some aragonite, salt mix, heater, and hydrometer tomorrow, and ordering the LR and test kit. Off to make a thread in the journals.