· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Then the tank was clear... I should probably test the water for the first time sometime soon.

Clear FTS:

Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think I am going to put any fish in my 10g. I'll probably put a snail or two, a hermit or two, and possibly a shrimp. But my thoughts on a goby could change way later, once I get the hang of maintenance on the 10g. Corals are likely, but not sure how long down the road.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking pretty good, makes me want to start another smaller tank when I see these. What kind of Goby would you be considering?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhead
    Looking pretty good, makes me want to start another smaller tank when I see these. What kind of Goby would you be considering?
    Here is my order for gobies in a 10g: Neon Blue Goby, Yellow Watchman Goby, and then some color form of a Clown Goby. But its very unlikely for me to get a goby for a 10g now. The tank just looks to small to house a goby. When I upgrade to a 29g or bigger, I'll definitely get a watchmen or a clown goby.
    - 29g FW - Community

Default Tank updates

0 Not allowed!
    Tested the water finally. Had some ammonia readings, no nitrite readings, and some nitrate readings. Weird about the readings, but I need to go buy a new test kit. I don't trust the one that I do have. I am getting algae growth on some of the rock, which is a good sign to me.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Since you asked, I'll give a little update.

I'm definitely going to ask for a refractometer for Christmas, I'm want the more accurate reading for salt content.

For water changes and adding water due to evaporation, I think I will run a small HOB filter on the tank with no media. I will add the new water into the filter. I figure this will be the best option to not hurt future livestock.

I'm getting a lot more brown hair algae growth. I'm assuming just part of the cycle, and I should let it go.

I still haven' done a water change on the tank yet. Pictures next time I post an update.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    I suppose pictures are in order for this post:

I decided to add another piece of LR to the tank. I wanted to have it in there from the beginning, but thought that it would be too much. Changed my mind. The LR is starting to gain some good color. I tried to show it in the first two pictures.

Temperature is reading 84 with the current heater on the lowest setting. Currently it is a 100 watt heater. I'm figuring I will switch it to a 50 watt heater very soon.

For water changes and adding water due to evaporation, I think I will run a small HOB filter on the tank with no media. I will add the new water into the filter. I figure this will be the best option to not hurt future livestock. Good idea?
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    i made the mistake of going to LFS, and of course its the day they get fish in. I saw a beautiful looking Royal Gamma. After seeing that little guy, I will get one for my 10g down the road, but no goby if I go this route. There is a chance I might switch over to a 20g for a SW then the current 10g until I have an empty 29g. If the ammonia and nitrites are at zero, I might get a hermit or a snail this weekend for the tank. I still have some unanswered questions in previous posts, I hope to get a comment on them.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    I personally would not recommend a Royal Gramma for a 10gal tank. Royal Grammas really should have nothing less than a 20-30gal tank. They are not extremely active fish but they are very territorial and they do get 3-4" long.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast