· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Then the tank was clear... I should probably test the water for the first time sometime soon.

Clear FTS:

- 29g FW - Community - Congo Tetras and a single Kribensis
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think I am going to put any fish in my 10g. I'll probably put a snail or two, a hermit or two, and possibly a shrimp. But my thoughts on a goby could change way later, once I get the hang of maintenance on the 10g. Corals are likely, but not sure how long down the road.

- 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking pretty good, makes me want to start another smaller tank when I see these. What kind of Goby would you be considering?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhead
    Looking pretty good, makes me want to start another smaller tank when I see these. What kind of Goby would you be considering?
    Here is my order for gobies in a 10g: Neon Blue Goby, Yellow Watchman Goby, and then some color form of a Clown Goby. But its very unlikely for me to get a goby for a 10g now. The tank just looks to small to house a goby. When I upgrade to a 29g or bigger, I'll definitely get a watchmen or a clown goby.

Default Tank updates

0 Not allowed!
    Tested the water finally. Had some ammonia readings, no nitrite readings, and some nitrate readings. Weird about the readings, but I need to go buy a new test kit. I don't trust the one that I do have. I am getting algae growth on some of the rock, which is a good sign to me.

0 Not allowed!
    Since you asked, I'll give a little update.

I'm definitely going to ask for a refractometer for Christmas, I'm want the more accurate reading for salt content.

For water changes and adding water due to evaporation, I think I will run a small HOB filter on the tank with no media. I will add the new water into the filter. I figure this will be the best option to not hurt future livestock.

I'm getting a lot more brown hair algae growth. I'm assuming just part of the cycle, and I should let it go.

I still haven' done a water change on the tank yet. Pictures next time I post an update.

0 Not allowed!
    I suppose pictures are in order for this post:

I decided to add another piece of LR to the tank. I wanted to have it in there from the beginning, but thought that it would be too much. Changed my mind. The LR is starting to gain some good color. I tried to show it in the first two pictures.

Temperature is reading 84 with the current heater on the lowest setting. Currently it is a 100 watt heater. I'm figuring I will switch it to a 50 watt heater very soon.

For water changes and adding water due to evaporation, I think I will run a small HOB filter on the tank with no media. I will add the new water into the filter. I figure this will be the best option to not hurt future livestock. Good idea?

0 Not allowed!
    i made the mistake of going to LFS, and of course its the day they get fish in. I saw a beautiful looking Royal Gamma. After seeing that little guy, I will get one for my 10g down the road, but no goby if I go this route. There is a chance I might switch over to a 20g for a SW then the current 10g until I have an empty 29g. If the ammonia and nitrites are at zero, I might get a hermit or a snail this weekend for the tank. I still have some unanswered questions in previous posts, I hope to get a comment on them.

0 Not allowed!
    I personally would not recommend a Royal Gramma for a 10gal tank. Royal Grammas really should have nothing less than a 20-30gal tank. They are not extremely active fish but they are very territorial and they do get 3-4" long.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast