· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I've had the AI SOLs for about 1.5 years. I did up-grade tanks within that time as well. I did not notice any difference in growth rates on any SPS between the SOLs and my old T5HO fixtures. To me it still looks like the same growth rates, no big differeance either way. The color dose look a lot better under the SOLs (and I mean a lot) but I think that had more to do with the lighting effects from the LEDs reather than changes within the SPS. Either way, the colors really do "pop" more. The SOLs also made the colors "pop" more on my fish a lot more than on the SPS actually.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for your experience. I've been researching most of the major LED brands. AI Sol and Vega, GHL Mitras, and Reef Builders Photon, are among the top in consideration.

0 Not allowed!
    I think I'm going with AI Vega Color. I need to research a little more to finalize it. It looks like in April customizable color pucks will be available to order, and Bulk Reef Supply has a bonus point offer right now. I need to look into how the controller works with two units. Whether I can program both fixtures at the same time or individual programming of each fixture is required.
    Last edited by travie; 03-25-2013 at 05:32 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I did it. I bought two AI Vega Colors. I didn't buy any of the hanging kits or mounting brackets with the initial purchase. I received enough reward points from BRS to pay for half to three-fourths of whichever route I plan to go.

My RO water situation. I won a Seachem Pinnacle RO unit in a raffle years ago, but never hooked it up. It is only RO and not RODI. I'm curious if there is anyway to hook an DI unit up to the RO unit, but I don't think I will get that lucky. I need to research a new quality RODI unit now then try to sell my RO unit.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    You can buy a single filter unit for a DI cartrigde and just add it to your RO unit. I had to do that with my RO unit

I did take off the storage tanks as they become too much of a pain to keep clean
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome. I will be adding a dual DI filter to my next purchase at Bulk Reef Supply. Now I just need to hook the RO unit hooked up in the basement.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    photo.jpg
    The new lights.

I just need to order a hanging kit and assemble an iron bar hanging fixture, then the lights will be placed into action.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Vega fixtures.

The few people that I know hear in town that have recently added them to their set-ups really do like them alot.

0 Not allowed!
    I love the controllability of the lights. We'll see how the corals like the new light to see their approval. Hopefully by next weekend the lights will be over the tank. I am waiting on the EXT rail to be in stock.

I think I am going to try the UAS to get rid of my algae in my display. It is going to cost close to the same amount as GFO initially, then GFO will keep costing me to resupply it.

The RODI unit install will happen in the next week or so also. Purchase of a DI and inline TDS will happen this weekend. I need to get two 55 gallon plastic barrels, maybe three. One for RODI, one for SW, and a rain barrel. The rain barrel has nothing to do with the SW tank though.

0 Not allowed!
    I received the algae scrubber in the mail today and got it running on the tank. Hopefully in a week or two, I'll see algae growth on it and not in my display.

I need to get a canopy built, hopefully this weekend, so I can get the AI Vegas running on the tank. I have the hanging kit for them, but I'm waiting on the EXT rail, which should be here early next week at the latest.

I also received the DI unit in the mail. Now I need to do some plumbing in the basement to get a usable spigot to hook up the RO/DI unit.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast