· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I took a few pictures, but they didn't turn out well. I'll try for some better ones soon. Saturday I did buy some new livestock: a frogspawn and 2 Percula Clownfish. The clownfish are currently in a quarantine tank. Assuming they are healthy, I will add them to the display in 2 to 3 weeks.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    Events just aren't going my way right now. One of the clownfish has ich, which I noticed about a week ago, and the other one just today started swimming/acting slower and not as active. The fish with ich is swimming fine and eating very well. We'll see how things go over the next few days I guess.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    The not as active clownfish passed away today. I'm not surprised it passed away due to color-loss, lack of eating, and behavior. The other clownfish that had ich is still looking overall healthy. I went out and purchased another clownfish that I am pretty sure was shipped to my LFS in same grouping from my initial purchase. They are both in QT, and I hope to move them to the display around the start of December or earlier.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the set-back

Are you treating with copper meds ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I'm actually not treating the tank with anything. I'm feeding NLS Thera A pellets, trying to keep the water quality as good as possible, and a stress-free tank.

From what I have been reading, ich is pretty much always present in our tanks just like algae, so I don't want to deal with the complications that come along with copper with it "soaking" into the silicone and other items.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by travie
    From what I have been reading, ich is pretty much always present in our tanks just like algae, so I don't want to deal with the complications that come along with copper with it "soaking" into the silicone and other items.
    Well now I am reading the opposite of ich always being in our tanks. Where it dies after so long without finding a new host, which seems more plausible to me then it always being in our tanks.

Either way a healthy fish that is eating and in a stress-free environment, is almost never going to get ich. I still stand by not using copper for treatment because of its drastic effects.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    The clownfish have been added to the display. They made it through the first night, and they are looking healthy. I need to start working on the algae problem now.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    It has been awhile since my last post. The tank is still chugging along.

Algae is still an issue. My source water is probably the main issue, so I am going to work on getting a certified source of RODI water. Next I'll try upping the water change % if the source water isn't the issue. I'm hoping the LR is not leaching phosphates into the water.

I'm planning on upgrading my lighting to LED's in the very near future. I haven't decided on a brand/fixture yet. Any recommendations and/or success and/or failure stories would be greatly appreciated.

0 Not allowed!
    I have AI SOLs on both of my tanks. I am very happy with them. They are a little higher than average priced LEDs for a reef tank, but IMO they are worth it. I have 4 of them on my 180 gallon reef tank with SPS and carpet anemones and I can not put them up to 100% or I will blech out everything

I would suggest looking into those LEDs for your tank.

Sorry to hear about the algae, but it sounds like your going to be on your way to getting rid of it
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I just need to put in the time and effort to get rid of the algae.

How long have you had the SOLS running on your tanks? How are the SPS doing: Good growth? Good color?
    - 29g FW - Community

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast