· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Finally received my refractometer in the mail. About time. Now to calibrate it and see how well it works. Both fish are still swimming, hoping to win a UV Sterilizer on eBay to help kill off free-floating ich in the tank. We'll see how that goes.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    Wednesday or Thursday, I'm thinking about getting grouping of Zoanthids if my LFS has any in for cheap. I'm just wondering where in my tank I should place them, once I get them. My current lighting is a 65w Power Compact that is 50/50 Actince/Daylight. Any advice on placement of the corals will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading,
    travie

Old but latest FTS for reference:
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, Zoanthids do well in lower light but they love high flow, so if you have a spot in the tank that fits both those conditions then that's where I'd put it. Just keep in mind, they are going to spread and cover a fairly large area.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea they would do well in just about any place in your tank but a lower light high flow spot would be ideal.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you both. I'll be able to find a spot for them somewhere in the tank or at least create a good spot. I won't mind if they cover a lot of area, I don't plan on going full on reef with this tank.

Clowns both seem to be doing well. Still can't say 100% that they are ich-free. I won a Coralife Super Skimmer for tanks up to 125 gallons on eBay. Just have to hope it comes with all the parts and that they are in working order. So assuming my clowns are ich-free, my tank is doing great right now. Still in the middle of the algae cycle, but I'm not bothered by that. Also still trying to move my 20g FW tank so that I will be able to setup a small sump for the 29g SW. Hopefully, I will start the move this weekend.

Thanks for reading.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't get any zoanthids. Only had one grouping for sale and it was $70USD. Didn't want to pay that much for that small of a grouping when they will reproduce like crazy given the right environment. I'll just check back later to see if they get new groupings in for cheaper. I did get another single mushroom. Can someone provide a useful link or knowledge on how to get them to reproduce?
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    zoas and mushrooms will reproduce on their own. Theres not really much else to do. One of my zoa frags started with around 10-15 polyps and now it has around 50. Some will grow fast and some slow

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Here ya go. - Tigerbarb A little something for a friend!! - Patriot Thanks for being there! - NickFish have a gift - mitcore :D - harls_aussie 
    I hope your dwarf gourami gets better!!! - Blue Ram A little something for my troubles - Tigerbarb Here you go mate! - Tolley My gift, lol - Tigerbarb Another one of my gifts lol - Tigerbarb 
    happy birthday - digger MORE!!! - Tigerbarb thanks! - The Red Severum you have no frog lol - angelcakes the closest thing to a moorish idol :) - Tigerbarb 
    here you go :) - OscarFan Have an oscar bud! - Soxfan For you my homie - xximanoobxx Happy Holidays - travie Merry Christmas - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is coming along great!!! Keep us updated with pics.
    "Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway..."
    Elliott smith

20g nano reef
    55g FOWLR saltwater
    29g planted freshwater
    10g planted freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    Lost one of the clownfish to ich. It looked fine last night. Woke up in the morning it having trouble swimming. I euthanized it, because it was too far gone to try to treat. I moved the other clownfish to my hospital tank, so my display tank will be fishless for around the next 2 months. The clownfish will stay in the hospital tank for that duration also. I'll just get corals for my display tank during this time.

This lost is devastating to me. I don't want to make this mistake again. I just hope I get the other clownfish back to normal health.
    - 29g FW - Community

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    I lost the other clownfish to ich. I feel like a horrible fish keeper. I'll focus on corals for awhile, then in a couple of months maybe consider getting a fish.

What other corals could I get that could go in my tank? I know mushrooms and zoanthids will work. I have 65w PC lighting that is 50/50.
    - 29g FW - Community

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast