· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't get anymore additions to the CUC. I should be adding to it in the next2 weekends. I still haven't added all the sand from the 10g. I need to figure out how to get more sand in the back of the tank, because the LR is blocking the easiest way of getting more sand in the back. The front sand bed is very deep, but the back is only around as half as deep.

Updated Planned Stocking:
    CUC(blue leg hermit crabs, assorted snails, and cleaner shrimp)
    2 Ocellaris Clowns
    1 Royal Gramma
    *Still possibly addition of another fish, not sure though.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    A couple of updates on the tank.

Added to the CUC. 4 more blue leg hermits and 2 more astrea snails.

Total stocking so far
    1 Margarita Snail
    10 Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
    3 Astrea Snails
    3 Nassarisus Snails

Should I add anything else/more to the CUC? If so what and/or how many?

Getting some good brown diatom algae growth. I like the sight of algae in a new tank. I've recently noticed that I have a worm living in one of my pieces of LR. From everything that I've read so far, it is harmless. Only comes out at night and hides if I flash a light on him. Thanks for reading.
    Stock the tank you have, not the tank you plan to have. Always have and use patience.
    - 29g FW - Community
    - 55g SW - Blue Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma, 6-Line Wrasse, 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, and various corals and inverts
    For those of you who want a SW tank and never have had one before or just starting out, read this blog entry from my blog on AC, it will give you a place to start.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like I will be done with my CUC for now. Now do I go with a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, or not get one and start looking for a Yellow Watchman Goby... The decisions. Or even not get a YWG, and start looking for 2 Ocellaris Clowns. If you would like to influence my decision, please post.
    - 29g FW - Community

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think your CUC #'s are fine for now, I wouldn't get any more until you are sure they will have food to eat. IMO, you are better off having too small of a crew, than too large. Hermits are opportunistic feeders, so if you have too many, they will fight each other, or go after snails.

I don't know how other people feel about this, but I would wait until the tank is really stable before you add the skunk. IME, they do not take well to changing water conditions. The clowns will be the most forgiving of you inhabitants, so that is why many people add them first.

Good luck!
    40g SW

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't find a yellow watchman goby on this trip to the LFS's.

I'm still not happy with my LR stacking in the tank. Mainly the top 1/4 of rocks, because they are too loose when I touch them. I'll have to keep rearranging them to get them more stable. Then I will have to get my powerhead placement where I want it, because currently, I'm not happy with it. Maybe, once I get the LR in a more stable position, I'll post pictures of the new look.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    I have the Live Rock stacked in a more stable structure. I'll just need to get the Koralias placed where I like them. Well my current position on stocking is going to be like this: if I find a Yellow Watchman Goby first, I'll get one, and still go with the 2 Ocellaris Clowns and a Royal Gramma, but if I find 2 Ocellaris Clowns first, I'll get them, a Royal Gramma, and not get a YWG. Then possibly add a cleaner shrimp later, once the tank is more stable.
    - 29g FW - Community

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    get a Purple Firefish :) I think they're cool.
    And it's the ocean flowing in our veins
    Oh..That it's the salt that's in our tears
    Oh..Cause we could have come so very far
    Oh..In at least as many years
    Take the highway through the Great Divide - T.A. and T.M.

0 Not allowed!
    The Firefish will probably get picked on by my other planned stocking.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    I bought two tank-bred Ocellaris Clownfish today. Acclimated them for about an hour. They seem to be doing good so far. I haven't tried to feed or turn the tank lights on yet.
    - 29g FW - Community

0 Not allowed!
    Clowns are still doing fine and eating NLS pellets. These two clowns allowed me to win this RO Unit at a prize drawing at my LFS. I'm not sure if its the 35 or 50 gpd. Its used and didn't come in the original box, but it still looks like new. I'll try for pictures tonight.
    - 29g FW - Community

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast