· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snail Free?!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sounguru
    So since you do not like the look of snails then that rules out assassin snails to clear out your other problem.:-)
    So let's say one was to get assassin snails to get rid of the normal snails, umm wouldn't you just be left with a bigger problem? How would you get rid of/control the the assassin snail population?

Across the great pond from the state of Seattle

Awards Showcase

have an octopus - angelcakes a clownfish for your super sense of humor!!!! - ladyoutlaw50 doning the superman suit - Lady Hobbs Let's have a Drink ;) - Fishalicious For the wife! - Lady Hobbs 
    thanks buddy for your help - angelcakes somebody gotta show you love :) - The Red Severum Thanks for all your help with my cherries!! Crawfish was the closest to a CS - Gemini Thanks for the photo lesson! - northernguy Have a drink on me.. hope tomorrow is a better day x - Fishalicious 
    welcome back! - Jacko 

0 Not allowed!
    Assassin Sanils stop breeding when there is no more prey left plus any extras are alway easy to sell.... They also are very slow growing and only lay one egg at a time so eggs when seen are easy to remove.
    This posting was approved by:
    William S. Burt

All words in this post are completly fictional, any resemblence to actual words is strictly a cowinky dink. No Animals were harmed in the making of this post. Now as far as Humans go there were probably a few hurt and maybe even killed. Please do not copy and paste this post with out the expressed written consent of the owner. Quoting is allowed but only too boost the owners already over inflated ego.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you're in a losing battle. Once you get them i'm afraid you're out of luck with getting rid of them for the most part.

Sure you can treat with copper, buy fish that eat them but no much will completely kill them off.

It's not just snails too. I now have duckweed from some of the plants i received.

Living in Victoria, Canada; Born in Mexico City

Awards Showcase

My neons and other fishies thank you for your help!! - fishymommy For the good health of your plants and their strong growth! - W_Oz have a guppy, lol, we have about 60 fry - labnjab ahh you need more gifts!! - The Red Severum Why have I never gave you a gift?! - Tolley 
    Thanks for all! - saurjusa I'm getting myself a school of these guys!!! lol! - Alfcea You need a bigger school! - The Red Severum Have a gift my friend - Tolley Thought you could use something new. - oldhead 
    getting a bigger school... - Alfcea Happy X-mas - William Thank you!  Also a very merry christmas to you xxx - Fishalicious Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum Merry Christmas !!! - Tolley 
    Have a Wonderful Holiday! - Northernguy Happy Belated New Years - W_Oz Thanks for the positive feedback! - rageybug just sharing the wealth! - rageybug Thanks for the nom and the kind words! - Brookfish 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
    It's not just snails too. I now have duckweed from some of the plants i received.
    And it could also be harmful bacteria and other types of parasites... that's why I always clean and disinfect my new plants with potassium permanganate...
    By Alfredo Franco-Cea
    30 gallon tank -- low light -- tannin stained water
    FAUNA: 7 zebra danios; 5 neon tetras; one male green swordtail; 2 female adult platies (plus fry); 6 bleeding heart tetras; 6 false rummy nose tetras
    FLORA: Anubias, Java Moss, Ceratophyllum, Java Fern, Windeløv's Fern

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Again, thanks. I have ordered monia, magna and pulex, differnet sizes of water fleas. I have 5 fish that can eat them. They pretty much eliminated the big ones, magna. The little buggers stay on the side of the glass and plants. They are not scuds. They do not get any bigger than a 1/32 - 1/64 of an inch. These smaller ones stay on the side of the tank and you can tell where they are cause they eat back the algea. The bigger ones that will swim across the water either get ate or sucked up the filter.
    -BotanicalBill of SW Florida

20g High planted.
    2 neons; 3 skirted tetra; 1 corey; 3 otos; 4-5 glass shrimp; water feas
    DIY modified hood with new ballast and 4 bulbs (60w)