· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Pink Toadstool?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need some presents - Lady Hobbs   wake up with coffee - Lady Hobbs   Cause I love myself,lol. - oldhead   Because you always have good advice! - Alfcea   saltwater fish for ya - Lady Hobbs   

Exclamation Pink Toadstool?

0 Not allowed!
    There is a pink toadstool leather that my wife saw on saltwaterfish.com she's been wanting to purchase once it's back in stock. I was in a coral shop Sunday and the guy that owns it was telling me that if it's pink there's a strong chance that it could be dyed. I wanted to get you guys' input on the matter. I'm not looking to purchase any dyed corals, especially at a premium price. Here's the link if you want to take a look at the photo http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4 . I've tried searching on the web for something like it but no such luck so far.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nice post - Lady Hobbs   a gift your you! - squirt_12   beautiful blue discus - Algenco   felt like it - Lady Hobbs   for all the help! - squirt_12   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, dyed.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For SW enthusiasm - NOT skipping class! - Rue   for the bubby goldfish - arkie   in commemoration of you babies. - Gemstone   Have a gift!! - Tolley   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Halelorf   

0 Not allowed!
    That is terrible, I didn't even know they could dye corals.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for a fellow front lover - sailor   All the saltwater help! - squirt_12   Thanks! - squirt_12   For the million fish man - Lady Hobbs   Excellent puffer advice. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    ..as if corals (and fish, for that matter) weren't colorful enough.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift!  Here's a little guy to look over your posts ;) - Fishalicious   To a nice, active and smart member of AC!! - Alfcea   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Holyvision   

0 Not allowed!
    I would like to find the people that do this and inject them with some of their own crap...

...see how they like being pink....

"Do, or do not, there is no try." --Jedi Master Yoda

Aquatic Community Chat Room: http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need some presents - Lady Hobbs   wake up with coffee - Lady Hobbs   Cause I love myself,lol. - oldhead   Because you always have good advice! - Alfcea   saltwater fish for ya - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Well I guess we can scratch that one off the list then. Maybe I'll look into a Tyree leather or something like that. Thanks for the input.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyvision
    I would like to find the people that do this and inject them with some of their own crap...

...see how they like being pink....

Yeah it's a really wierd process according to the owner of the store. He was explaining that they take the corals they want to dye and place them in a dimly lit to dark tank for a number of weeks and then proceed to feed them regurlarly but with large amounts of food dye added. And then they'll have periods where they will drop dye in the water to be absorbed. All sounds pretty wild and kind of stupid to me. But I guess there is some demand for them if such a process takes place with such great detail. Sucks cause we really liked that one but neither of us wants a dyed coral staring back at us. So the search continues.....